PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find NVIDIA PureVideo HD driver at?

Digital_Trans
12-22-07, 01:23 PM
Is this only software for the NVIDIA PureVideo HD or is there a stand alone driver I need from NVIDIA because I can't seem to find it on their site.

Quick420
12-31-07, 01:37 PM
I could never get that **** working myself,nvidia screwed us on that one too.

Revs
12-31-07, 01:41 PM
I thought it was just part of the drivers :o I thought it just worked with certain players and file formats.

jolle
12-31-07, 02:37 PM
Always found the PureVideo thing to be a bit sketchy, atleast how you get the acceleration and what players you need to use, and what codec etc.

SlieTheSecond
12-31-07, 02:46 PM
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder.html

Some players come with it though I think.

fivefeet8
12-31-07, 02:49 PM
PureVideo capabilities are supported by the regularly updated driver revisions we usually get. There is no special driver for PureVideo. To get any form of hardware accelleration of all video formats, you still need to get the software which makes use of it. PowerDVD and WinDVD both support PureVideo HD hardware features.

I could never get that **** woking myself,nvidia screwed us on that one too.

Works fine here.

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder.html

Some players come with it though I think.

No, that's not it. The PureVideo DECODER is Nvidia's own MPEG2 decoder which uses PureVideo hardware and allows hardware accelleration of MPEG2 video streams. It only enables MPEG2 hardware decoding on media players that don't supply their own like Windows Media Player. PowerDVD, WinDVD, and other commercial players supply their own MPEG2 decoder which also use PureVideo. It also only hardware decodes MPEG2.

PureVideo is simply the term used to describe the various functionality available on the hardware to decode MPEg2 along with WMV, VC-1, and H.264. Of course you still need drivers which enables support and the software which can then use it.

Always found the PureVideo thing to be a bit sketchy, atleast how you get the acceleration and what players you need to use, and what codec etc.

You need to have the codecs for the various video stream types, the drivers which have it enabled and working, and the software media players that use it. The codecs for the various streams like WMV, VC-1, Mpeg2, H.264 are usually included with commercial players like PowerDVD and WinDVD or included with Windows already(mpeg2, wmv). Those players also support the use of PureVideo to hardware decode them to varying degrees on different Nvidia video cards.