PDA

View Full Version : ? re: maximus formula.

yxx
12-22-07, 07:53 PM
i just got my QX9650 and asus maximus formula board.......it's built now and running. (i had help with build so i'm not super smart in everthing)

1. this is my first intel board ever since i don't do sli so i figured i'd give it a go. i was always used to just getting nforce drivers from nvidia.........i went to asus site for chipset drivers but am not familiar with what to install......i installed everything from mobo disc first.......but seemed a bit bloated for me...... am i installing ethernet driver seperately......and storage driver........sry......i was used to nvidia chipset and everthing was in one download....................when i go to check version for my hdd i don't seem to have options to enable/disable ncq and also being able to do a burst test either......

i googled a bit and tried intel but i am noob and confused.....i just wanted to install basic chipset drivers .........and do it properly so next time i know exactly what to install for optimum performance instead of just doing everthing.

also is it necessary to install asus epu+aigear 2 utility as it's listed under chipset driver section on mobo disc.

i just wanted to see some temps and stuff and then 3dmark it as i haven't yet.

Dr.Nick
12-23-07, 08:46 AM
To be honest the stuff on the CD does more harm than good. I only install the latest chipset drivers directly from intel.com. Everything else is included in Windows (raid and nic drivers). These (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=816&lang=eng) will do:)

yxx
12-23-07, 06:31 PM
k thanks........i downloaded these.