PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I see my new Netgear router?

sillyeagle
12-23-07, 05:55 PM
I just picked up a Netgear wireless G to replace my B model, and none of my systems can see it. I already took it back and exchanged it, but that didn't help, as I can't see the new one either. I don't get it.

I can see my old netgear just fine, but not this one. I've reset defaults with no change. What could be the problem?

LORD-eX-Bu
12-23-07, 06:10 PM
are all your wireless devices b or g?

I had to log into my router and set to broadcast for b and g devices because I couldn't get an old ass pda that I have to access the network :lol:

sillyeagle
12-23-07, 07:05 PM
Ok I figure it out. You have to first connect via enet, then click "apply" on the setup screen before it activates the wireless. :rolleyes:

LORD-eX-Bu
12-23-07, 07:16 PM
:rofl

I think that if you use the CD that comes with it it asks you if you want to enable it by default :lol:

I said F that and just logged onto it and used my own settings. CD is still in the cover :D

jeffmd
12-24-07, 03:13 AM
Ok I figure it out. You have to first connect via enet, then click "apply" on the setup screen before it activates the wireless. :rolleyes:

Was just about to say, the majority of AP/routers require you to setup via wired connection. This is to keep people from trying to setup over wireless only setup encryption wrong or disable wireless mode, and start complaining their router is bricked. ;)