PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to set up an XFI

breathemetal
12-27-07, 05:17 PM
My soundcard seems to be acting up, and im not sure if something isnt hooked up right.

The PC knows its there, and it is working, but the front panel bay device doesnt seem to be working.

So, whats the proper way to hook it up?
Pics would be nice

stevemedes
12-27-07, 05:39 PM
Mines acting up as well, what a coincidence. Started squealing and now the PC wont detect it. I fear she may have given up the ghost. :(
Just outside the 1 year warranty period too.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-27-07, 05:51 PM
Realtek HD audio still going strong (nana2)

nV`andrew
12-27-07, 06:13 PM
XtremeMusic going strong for 1 year+

crainger
12-27-07, 06:15 PM
XtremeMusic here too. Never had an issue with it.

breathemetal
12-27-07, 07:30 PM
Ok...but question still hasnt been answered lol

stevemedes
12-27-07, 07:35 PM
Ok...but question still hasnt been answered lol

sorry i hijacked your thread :o

i dont have the front panel bay so i couldnt help

einstein_314
12-27-07, 07:36 PM
So just the front bay isn't working? Speakers and all that are fine? There's really only one way to hook it up with that ribbon cable from what I remember. It should just work....

crainger
12-27-07, 07:40 PM
Has this only happened since you went 64 bit?

breathemetal
12-27-07, 07:42 PM
Well i havent tried the front panel since ive gone 64. I just went tonight, so I havent had a chance to test it. I will and see if it still is down, if it isnt...then idk. If it is, then there must be a cable not connected

ChiBChombo
12-27-07, 07:43 PM
Actually with my X-Fi Fatality, when I had to change a bunch of things in my comp and disconnect everything, after finishing and turning my comp on, I didn't hear any sound when connecting headphones to the front pannel of the X-Fi, but if I connected them at the back of the sound card it worked fine.

What I did was, I turned the big ribbon cable around, connected the side that was on the pannel on the sound card, and the card side on the pannel, and it worked after without a problem.

Amuro
12-27-07, 08:12 PM
Make sure you connect power to the front panel and NOT to the card, the ribbon cable is correctly aligned with the pins. After installing the latest drivers, pull out the little plastic cover covering the Optical Out output on the front panel and see if there's red light coming out. If you see it, it's hooked up correctly. However, the remote control unit will no work under Vista though. Also, Dolby Digital and DTS decoding is not working as well.

breathemetal
12-27-07, 08:27 PM
well that light is on, so i guess its hooked up right