PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you didn't know....

Slammin
12-28-07, 12:23 AM
The Logitech G9 is absolutely the greatest mouse out there!

Hands down!! :beer:

Really, I went from G7 (sucked for me), to MX Revolution (also sucked for me) but wished Logitech would marry the best of the G5 (corded, lightweight gaming mouse, adj. DPI, etc.) with the best of the Revo (freespin scroll wheel, many buttons), and voila!

Now, of course the G10 will have an automatic scroll wheel like the Revo :D but that's OK too.

I'm very happy with the G9. And for anyone that hasn't experienced freespin, you have my sympathies.

bacon12
12-28-07, 12:36 AM
I just posted about this same thing. I have the MX revo and free spin is the bomb. It's not a gamer thou, and I am really thinking of buying the the G9.

stncttr908
12-28-07, 12:51 AM
I am still looking for a new mouse. I might check it out.

Slammin
12-28-07, 12:51 AM
The form-factor of the G9 is differennt from all other Logitech mice, and I suspect it is more like the Razor flat-profile mice.

Surprisingly, to me at least, I really love this new low profile. You won't normally 'palm' this mouse, like you would with any of the other Logitech mice. You will instead be inclined to move it with your fingers only.

What's really surprising to me is I assumed I would have at least one or two fingers dragging against the mousepad with the G9 since I couldn't palm it, but that is not the case. And as it turns out, I see why the Razor mice are so popular as gaming mice; you really do have better control with fingers, as opposed to hand/arm. Naturally.

That's not to say you can't palm this mouse though, because you can, and I do when just working or browsing, but I am pleased that I have become a finger controller when gaming because I am faster and more accurate that way.

And no, I have not tried a Razor mouse, but unless they come out with a freespin model, I never will. They are probably as good as a gaming mouse as the G9 is, and could be better, but it looks like Logitech took a dive towards the ergonomics the 'real gamers' use, but incorporated the some of the goodies from the Revo.

Really, this is a great mouse!

SLippe
12-28-07, 01:14 AM
I was just lookin' at these yesterday online. I may pick one up, as it would it go great with my case! (red and black)

Slammin
12-28-07, 01:58 AM
Hope I'm not sounding like a Trooper or anything, but really, I think Logitech did screw up bigtime.

I don't think I will be buying another mouse for a LONG time; from Logitech, or anyone else.

I've been through the Logitech gamut as far as mice goes. Been through a few others as well. Looking for form and functionality. Logitach wins.

Really, the ONLY way that they could improve this mouse would be to make it work as a cordless. Of course retaining the light weight, and obviously skipping all the issues current cordless mice have; battery issues, skipping/pauses, dropouts, etc..

Really, this is the perfect mouse. No battery issue, no wireless issue, perfectly adaptable, to me, great mouse!

Slap me like a redhead stepchild if you don't like it.

mullet
12-28-07, 10:57 AM
ordered one 2 days ago.

iron99
12-28-07, 01:20 PM
The Logitech G9 is absolutely the greatest mouse out there!

Hands down!! :beer:

:beer: Cheers as I couldn't agree more!

I got a G9 a couple months ago as a replacement for the POS Razor Cooperhead mouse that replaced my failing MS mouse.

G9 is simply perfect for me.