PDA

View Full Version : Which gamng mouse..

Pages : [1] 2 3

bacon12
12-27-07, 11:23 PM
I am debating to stay with logitech and get a G9 or go with a razer.

There are so many models and I don't feel like shifting thru the bs from a search to see which s the mostest best.

I know there is a plethora of hw knowledge here so what's you suggestions? Thanks

mythy
12-28-07, 01:02 AM
G7 classic shape light weight and wireless. I notice no lag at all using it :)

Uberpwnage
12-28-07, 01:14 AM
I just got a Razer Lachesis, it's comparable w/ the G9 and looks better IMO. I definetely prefer it over my old G5 which would be similar to the G7 minus the wireless.

MustangSVT
12-28-07, 01:54 AM
G7 ftw (nana2)

Greg
12-28-07, 01:55 AM
I'd whole heartedly recommend the Logitech G7.

It's flaws are:
o Scroll wheel a little hard to press as middle button (due to tilt mechanism).
o Battery life is short (comes with 2 LIon batteries for this purpose).
o Missing 'Forward' side button on first (and current?) model.

Other than that, it feels good, is extremely precise, light weight, low friction, visible battery indicator, hardware precision switch, no lag. Once you have used a cordless mouse like this you will never return to corded.

jAkUp
12-28-07, 02:11 AM
I am still in love with the deathadder :)

Bokishi
12-28-07, 02:20 AM
I been using my G7 for two years now. Great mouse.

zeejay
12-28-07, 10:17 PM
I am still in love with the deathadder :)

+1

Deathadder + Everglide Titan

CaptNKILL
12-28-07, 10:23 PM
Man, I really wish Wal-Mart carried gaming mice so I could try out a G9 or a Razer.

I've been using the same "shape" of mouse for about 5 years now. MX500 and MX518.

I don't "need" a new mouse, but for the first time in years I'm getting sort of competitive in a multiplayer game (TF2) and I'd like to try a different kind of mouse to see if it helps things out at all. I swear, I've never been as good as when I used my plain old Logitech 1st generation blue optical mouse, and that thing sucks now.

XDanger
12-29-07, 02:23 PM
I just got a new mx518 1800dpi,
I dont have anything to compare it to but its ok.

DiscipleDOC
12-29-07, 02:29 PM
I have the g5 and the g7. I like my g7 more.

nV`andrew
12-29-07, 03:43 PM
MX518...but all i do is cs:source

stevemedes
12-29-07, 03:49 PM
+1 on the MX518. Ive had my MX510 for a long long time (2+ years) and it's held up extremely well. Still looks new in fact. Id go either MX518 or Razer DeathAdder.

DiscipleDOC
12-29-07, 03:58 PM
+1 on the MX518. Ive had my MX510 for a long long time (2+ years) and it's held up extremely well. Still looks new in fact. Id go either MX518 or Razer DeathAdder.
I still use my 510 at work! ;)

bacon12
12-29-07, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the replys so far. I have been using the MX revo but it doesn't feel right. I have a $40 MIR for the G9, and I think I am gonna grab one from the egg today. :)

Sidric
12-29-07, 05:12 PM
I have a microsoft sidewinder. looks like something out of a sci-fi movie but fits my hand like a glove so thats all I really care about.

bacon12
12-29-07, 05:17 PM
I have heard good things about it as well like the real time sensitivity adjustment. Would be good for sniping. ;)

Sidric
12-29-07, 05:25 PM
I have heard good things about it as well like the real time sensitivity adjustment. Would be good for sniping. ;)

Yes its quite easy to switch dpi settings. By default it has 400, 800, and 2000 but you could easily configure those settings to your tastes in the software. The one thing I absolutely love about the mouse besides the feel is the scroll button. Has a very good tactile response when scrolling and doesn't rock from side to side like some of those lame logitech mice.

mythy
12-29-07, 05:55 PM
Has a very good tactile response when scrolling and doesn't rock from side to side like some of those lame logitech mice.

I don't know of a single lame logitech product please elaborate

crainger
12-29-07, 06:12 PM
Rock side to side? You do know they are meant to do that? It's a very handy feature to scroll sideways, or use to select items, grenades, powers.

Example. I'm playing Thief again. I use up down wheel for weapons and side to side for items. It's a great system.

CaptNKILL
12-29-07, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the replys so far. I have been using the MX revo but it doesn't feel right. I have a $40 MIR for the G9, and I think I am gonna grab one from the egg today. :)
Just wondering, where did you get a $40 MIR for the G9?

I got a $15 with Crysis.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-29-07, 06:33 PM
Logitech is replacing my G7 with a G9 as soon as I send it in (nana2)

I'm pretty excited, no more swapping out batteries and ****ty mouse feet(I hope) :lol:

bacon12
12-29-07, 06:45 PM
Just wondering, where did you get a $40 MIR for the G9?

I got a $15 with Crysis.

I got it after I bought the MX revo. I filled out some chincy survey for it.

@lord I have had good experience with their customer support as well, and have three mice from them. I think I am gonna pull the trigger on the G9 (nana2)

nV`andrew
12-29-07, 07:25 PM

Most definitely. For GAMING, those two have been rated the top mice. MX518 beats it in most polls taken by gamers(my source...uhhh...various forums?) but DeathAdder isnt far behind. This may be true because the MX500 series has been around for a while, and some people are already satisfied with what they have and do not want to switch to Razer. also, most razer's have a wierd shape, but apparently the deathadder does not.

Sidric
12-29-07, 09:47 PM
Rock side to side? You do know they are meant to do that? It's a very handy feature to scroll sideways, or use to select items, grenades, powers.

Example. I'm playing Thief again. I use up down wheel for weapons and side to side for items. It's a great system.

that's cool, I personally don't like it however. and I meant no offence to the logitech mice users, hell I recommended a G5 to somebody the other day. its just I've gone through a lot of mice and the sidewinder is probably something I'm going to stick with for quite a few years to come simply because it caters to my personal preferences the best.