PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Intel Speed Step Technical Question?

Digital_Trans
12-28-07, 11:47 PM
Enhanced Intel Speed Step to enable or disable is the question?
I do overclock just a little bit and was wanting to get some suggestions on if I should disable or enable the Enhanced Intel Speed Step technology. If you know something useful then please post it here. Thank you!

methimpikehoses
12-28-07, 11:47 PM
Disable in order to OC.

Digital_Trans
12-28-07, 11:48 PM
Disable in order to OC.

And if one decides not to overclock?

methimpikehoses
12-28-07, 11:51 PM
And if one decides not to overclock?

It will just automatically slow down the CPU speed when there is little usage, for temp/voltage purposes. It ramps up when you start an app, but it won't go as high as you could OC it even in a game... is my understanding.

mythy
12-29-07, 12:30 AM
should have just asked the all knowing one :p

It will drop the multi and reduce the voltage to the core. This in theory is ok but causes stability issues with OC's and worse yet it creates a bit of lag when it disengages and will cause your PC to be sluggish at times. Leave it off!

LORD-eX-Bu
12-29-07, 12:56 AM
you want to leave it on unless you are using a K00lance water cooling system, otherwise your psu can explode from overclocking the northbridge...before you know it your money's all gone and your daughter's knocked up :headexplode:

methimpikehoses
12-29-07, 01:06 AM
you want to leave it on unless you are using a K00lance water cooling system, otherwise your psu can explode from overclocking the northbridge...before you know it your money's all gone and your daughter's knocked up :headexplode:

:headexplode:

LORD-eX-Bu
12-29-07, 01:31 AM
you can't risk overloading the rails with that many gigahertz....

crainger
12-29-07, 02:14 AM
::lol:: You have to be careful LORD-eX-Bu. Not everyone gets you are joking. :;):

LORD-eX-Bu
12-29-07, 02:18 AM
joking? :wonder:

internet is serious business :bleh:

mythy
12-29-07, 02:28 AM
When are we not serious?

ohh.. oh my god Lord-X-Craig OMG ahhhh!!! Oh yea!!!! omg you naughty boy you!! ohhhh YEA!!!!!! Yea Oh HARDER!!! In my butt OH YEA!!! You naughty gay man you... OMG!!! ahhhhhh...

LORD-eX-Bu
12-29-07, 02:31 AM
mythy just went off the deep end, he must have had direct contact with the flux capacitor in his rig. Either that or he drank some antifreeze.

you have thirty seconds to tell me how to kill the ****ing golem :headexplode:

mythy
12-29-07, 02:40 AM
First you have to splatter them all over my face ;) Then the air will kill them...

*wait.. WTF!!!!!! never mind....

Madpistol
12-29-07, 09:42 AM
OMG!!! I JUST L1KE OVERCLOCED MI COMPUTR L1KE 7 GIGAHURTZ AND TEH RAM EXPLODEDED!!!11 :headexplode:

Digital_Trans
12-29-07, 08:53 PM
It's all good! :) (lee63)