PDA

View Full Version : X-Fi Prelude RC5 driver

nekrosoft13
12-30-07, 05:06 PM
New Changes / Fixes in RC5 driver
ㆍ Corrects "Error I-001" seen by some users with RC4 driver.

New features carried forward from RC4 driver
ㆍDolby® Digital Live SW Feature (DDL)
ㆍALchemy Application
ㆍVolume Control Panel
ㆍSW Bug Fixes requested by Auzentech.

Changes carried forward from RC4 driver
ㆍDDL license notice and trademark acknowledgements
ㆍInput window fix
ㆍ DDL plugin update
ㆍ Driver bug fix on the BSOD during clock switch

File Information:
ㆍDriver version: X-Fi Prelude - RC5
ㆍSize: 150 mb
ㆍRelease Date: 12/28/2007

http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/updates.php

Dragunov
12-30-07, 05:07 PM
I hope Creative releases new drivers again for our X-Fi soon

nekrosoft13
12-30-07, 05:11 PM
downloading the driver now, driver by it self should work with X-Fi, just DDL won't

Dragunov
12-31-07, 05:33 AM
Well Creative better add DDL to their X-Fi driver too, if the Prelude can get this, then the Creative X-Fi for sure

crainger
12-31-07, 06:08 AM
The X-Fi would have no prblems running DDL. Creative actually make the DDL addon for the Prelude. It's just right now the addon will only work on the Prelude.

Dragunov
12-31-07, 06:23 AM
Why don't they add this?

they prefer supporting another brand than people who bought their own products? :o

crainger
12-31-07, 06:27 AM
AlphaWolf explained why Creative don't add it. It's simply because they'd have to pay Dolby to use DDL. They can make the software and drivers to support it, but if they actually release it they'd have to pay.

It should be noted though that Prelude users who are using the DDL ability are noticing lag. Which isn't ideal.

Dragunov
12-31-07, 06:59 AM
Well, with PowerDVD u have this, so not really an issue for me

Rakeesh
12-31-07, 01:25 PM
AlphaWolf explained why Creative don't add it. It's simply because they'd have to pay Dolby to use DDL. They can make the software and drivers to support it, but if they actually release it they'd have to pay.

Not only that but they have to go through the certification process for each sound card they want to support it.

And if you look at what creative's marketing team says on their forums, they pretty much bash DDL with every opportunity they get, saying customers don't want it, etc, (full of sh*t) so I doubt they would be adding it to any products any time soon.

It should be noted though that Prelude users who are using the DDL ability are noticing lag. Which isn't ideal.

I've been looking for information on this specific to the prelude implementation. Latency with DDL is unavoidable, but some implementations have much lower latency than others. Where have you read this about the prelude?

Well, with PowerDVD u have this, so not really an issue for me

DDL is intended for games or other realtime audio sources to use surround sound over a digital audio connection. PowerDVD just sends a pre-made DD bitstream over the connection, so its useless for games.

Rakeesh
12-31-07, 01:33 PM
I hope Creative releases new drivers again for our X-Fi soon

Something I don't get here, why are creative users constantly asking for new drivers?

mythy
12-31-07, 04:14 PM
becasue they bought a X-Fi and are hoping for the best :D

Slammin
12-31-07, 06:02 PM
Something I don't get here, why are creative users constantly asking for new drivers?

Same. Driver junkies I guess because I'm 100% satisfied with my setup and the drivers. I guess to put it another way, my sound is something I never even think about; it just works, and works very well.

crainger
12-31-07, 06:59 PM

We are hoping for some magic that boost our framerates ten fold :rolleyes:

I dunno, the drivers have worked fine for me ever since I went Vista 64.

nekrosoft13
12-31-07, 07:33 PM
creative drivers for vista 64bit are very stable, no complains.

EciDemon
01-07-08, 08:18 AM
hehe, i noticed that from within the main dir of the installation there is a cab file called support.cab

within that one is the dll (cardscan.dll IIRC) responsible for the ID of your card,
Now if you were to take the support.cab from your xfi driver cd it would install, but messedup due to another filelist to fetch from.

However if you were to replace that dll file with your own...

I dont have any tools to manipulate cab files, or add to existing archives in a specific directory...

nekrosoft13
01-07-08, 08:23 AM
that file only checks the card during install when you run installshield.

you can still install the driver just fine from device manager.

EciDemon
01-08-08, 10:41 AM
When i tried before, I think RC3, i got no sound at all (x-fi fatality pro, xp)
And i figured it be easier to install the whole package if I could replace the card check dll :)

I also got some error messages with some of the sofware during install, tho that was fixed according the change log in RC5, Ive not had too much spare time as of late to check these out, maybe tonight.