PDA

View Full Version : Vista Forceware drivers- no lcd scaling??

skoprowski
01-01-08, 06:18 PM
I am about ready to dump my old crt for a widescreen lcd monitor. I had thought you could scale 4:3 images using the drivers but I could not find that option in the Nvidia control panel with my 8800gtx in Vista. Is this not an option in Vista? I wanted to make sure I would be able to play older 4:3 games in the correct aspect ratio on a widescreen monitor.

Thanks,

Scott

nekrosoft13
01-01-08, 06:24 PM
its there and it works
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3015/clipboard01dq0.jpg

skoprowski
01-02-08, 11:20 AM
Thanks- Duh! I guess you don't see that option if you are using a CRT. LOL I'm trying to figure out what LCD monitor to upgrade to and was concerned about the monitor's ability to scale. If scaling is a function of Nvidia's driver I don't have to worry about the monitor doing it.

Thanks,

Scott

skoprowski
01-03-08, 08:04 PM
Ok- I just installed a Dell 19" widescreen monitor and in both Vista and XP it won't let me chose "use Nvidia flat panel scaling." When I click on it and hit "ok" it always reverts back to "use display's built in scaling." I was planning on using this option to play non-widescreen games without distorting them. Doesn't matter if it is XP or Vista. Is there a fix for this or are we just waiting for Nvidia for a fix?

Thanks,

Scott

nekrosoft13
01-03-08, 08:54 PM
it works, what driver you have?

first thing i would try is reinstall the forceware drivers, and what do you mean installed 19 inch monitor?

don't install anything, just plug it in

skoprowski
01-03-08, 09:30 PM
After googling this it appears some monitor/8800 cards have an issue with this :( I guess I am not alone. The good thing is more games seem to support widescreen then I had first thought. I wish the feature would work though.

Reynaldo
01-03-08, 10:56 PM
Try changing your resolution first, if I change the scaling option while using my lcd's native res, the setting wont stick, but if I do it while using a resolution that I want scaled, it works fine. Afterwards I revert back to the original res and everything is good.

skoprowski
01-03-08, 11:00 PM
:) :) :) That worked! Thanks a lot.

Reynaldo
01-03-08, 11:04 PM
No prob, glad I helped