PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help!

ryan29121
01-02-08, 04:41 PM
I need help. I just put together my first computer and came across a problem. When I fired it up only two of the 6 fans in the computer are running. I have a zalman 9700 cpu can and thats not even running. The LED light is lit up but the fan is not moving. I see a picture on my monitor so I believe everything is running alright its just im not going to run it without a cpu fan. What can I do? Thanks for the help and sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Im just nervous about my computer.

XDanger
01-02-08, 05:11 PM
Are the working fans all from molex and not mobo pin headers?

Are you using the fanmate ? is that busted and can you just not use it?

ryan29121
01-02-08, 05:36 PM
all case fans are molex and hook directly to the power supply except the cpu fan which hooks to the motherboard. when i power up the computer the cpu fan will twitch every second like its trying to spin but its not. Do you think its the power supply?

nV`andrew
01-02-08, 05:41 PM
ive had similar problems before, but all i did was reboot. The fan would twitch, stop for about 5 seconds, and then it would spin fine. I am also using a fan mate 2 with my 9500. See if there is any difference between directly connecting the fan to the mobo or using the fan mate controller that came with it. try reconnecting everything (from the power supply). i get problems like these all the time mainly because something wasnt getting enough power, so again, just check all connections

ryan29121
01-02-08, 06:33 PM
Alright, so I got every fan to start up besides the cpu fan. The cpu fan is a 4 pin connector that plugs directly into the motherboard. I tried to plug in the stock cpu fan to that same connector and it did the same thing. So its not the fan. Maybe its the motherboard bios thats stopping it. How do you change the bios to run that fan?