PDA

View Full Version : could I get $100 for my Z-5500?

Apollo 13
01-02-08, 06:28 PM
I'm thinking of selling my Logitech Z-5500 speakers because I can't get the optical to work on my PS3 or PC but analog 6 channel 5.1 does work, so I'm just going to get some Home Theater speakers instead since I'v been wanting a reason to get rid of my Z-5500 for some Home theater speakers. Do you think I could sell these for $100?

crainger
01-02-08, 06:35 PM
100USD? Easy! They retail for 300-600AUD here. 100USD=roughly 150AUD, so it's wouldn't be a stretch at all.

conroejoe
01-02-08, 06:43 PM
I love my Z-5500s and the optical connection!!! Optical FTW!

Apollo 13
01-02-08, 06:50 PM
I love my Z-5500s and the optical connection!!! Optical FTW!

HDMI FTW! I really didn't try my bests to see if I could get the optical to work since I'm so hard set on getting a new Sound system. I'm going to look for something I can play my PS3 on and get sound through HDMI so i'm going to be spending over $400. I will have no choice for my PC to use optical but I can live with it.

crainger
01-02-08, 06:56 PM
I had issues with my PS3 and Z-5500. turns out the cable would just not work. It worked fine with my 360, DVD player, CD player, PC. Everything. Just not the PS3. So went went to EB and bought an 'official' PS3 cable and it works no problems...

Dazz
01-02-08, 07:17 PM
Sony have always been like that the want you to buy everything from them and no one else.

Bman212121
01-03-08, 10:13 AM
Sony have always been like that the want you to buy everything from them and no one else.

It all depends upon the manufacturer and whether or not they are following the same spec. Optical is very picky about the distance between connections. I have 3 different cables that all work fine with my Z-5500s, X-Fi cards, and PS3 all bought from different places. Now I also had bought a coax to optical converter so that I could use a second optical connection with the Z-5500s. It came from overseas and for some reason you can't fully insert an optical cable into the jack or it won't work. If I leave the cable slightly out of the jack then they work fine. I'd guess that the cables crainger used were made slightly different and probably didn't reach far enough to emit the signal. It could be the same issue with the op, either that or the ends are slightly too long and if you unplug the cables slightly it might get a signal.

@Apollo: If you still would like to get rid of those speakers for $100 post them here in the F/S thread and let me know. ;)

Revs
01-03-08, 10:18 AM
You'll probably get about twice what you paid for em on ebay :D

Apollo 13
01-03-08, 01:19 PM
It all depends upon the manufacturer and whether or not they are following the same spec. Optical is very picky about the distance between connections. I have 3 different cables that all work fine with my Z-5500s, X-Fi cards, and PS3 all bought from different places. Now I also had bought a coax to optical converter so that I could use a second optical connection with the Z-5500s. It came from overseas and for some reason you can't fully insert an optical cable into the jack or it won't work. If I leave the cable slightly out of the jack then they work fine. I'd guess that the cables crainger used were made slightly different and probably didn't reach far enough to emit the signal. It could be the same issue with the op, either that or the ends are slightly too long and if you unplug the cables slightly it might get a signal.

@Apollo: If you still would like to get rid of those speakers for $100 post them here in the F/S thread and let me know. ;)

I actually do plan on posting them here. Firsts I need to tests out my new speakers I got and unhook the Z-5500 and take pics.