PDA

View Full Version : How do we enable AA in Timeshift???

ajm786
01-04-08, 07:44 AM
I read this in the Timeshift thread, where it was asked more than 5 times without anyone giving a straight answer.

I'm running Forceware 169.13, in both Vista x64 Ultimate as well as WinXP Pro. The question/problem is that no matter what, I cannot enable AA in Timeshift AT ALL. It's been done before; some people have gotten it running, as is evident in screenshots in another thread, but why can't I? What am I doing wrong? I tried everything: Rivatuner, nHancer, nVidia CP, etc., all to no avail. No combination can get me AA, even when trying to force it via the game's ini file. It's getting very irritating trying to play without AA; the jaggies are horrendous.

Thanks for your help.

turdhat
01-04-08, 08:30 AM
I have tried every driver, nhancer, rivatuner etc with no luck.... Amazing that the game still manages to look pretty good without it and I am running in 1280x720 max res because I use a dlp for my monitor. AA would be wonderful.

ajm786
01-04-08, 08:45 AM
I have tried every driver, nhancer, rivatuner etc with no luck.... Amazing that the game still manages to look pretty good without it and I am running in 1280x720 max res because I use a dlp for my monitor. AA would be wonderful.

Have you tried running the 163.75 drivers? I've read before that the 169 series breaks AA, but have never been bitten with this bug till now.

Sausager
01-05-08, 08:03 AM
FSAA works under XP with forceware 163.44, most likely also with the 163.75. Just enable nHancers "00000045: Rainbow Six Vegas" compatibility mode under global driver settings and force your desired AA mode via nHancer, RT or CP. I wouldn't mess with the ini.

ajm786
01-06-08, 04:34 PM
FSAA works under XP with forceware 163.44, most likely also with the 163.75. Just enable nHancers "00000045: Rainbow Six Vegas" compatibility mode under global driver settings and force your desired AA mode via nHancer, RT or CP. I wouldn't mess with the ini.

I just tried that and it still doesn't work.

Mike89
01-06-08, 08:01 PM
I've asked this question in the Timeshift forum myself. I have never heard a comment from anyone from the gamer maker on this at all. Two patches have been made with no difference regarding FSAA. I would think Nvidia is going to have to do this in the drivers the way they did it for Bioshock. No telling when (or if) that's going to happen since Nvidia has no official feedback correspondence regarding drivers. This game does have some sort of edge smoothing of it's own because some things have no jaggies at all like cables and fence links. But, there are other places where jaggies show up a lot. FSAA would makes it look a lot better.

ajm786
01-07-08, 12:34 AM
Just so everyone knows, it's working now!!!!

They key was to reinstall the game in WinXP, make sure that you are NOT using the 169 series Forceware, and follow the directions Sausager provided. It looks perfect now.

Thanks!!!

Mike89
01-07-08, 11:15 AM
I'm not going back to an old driver for one game. If a certain Nvidia driver worked with FSAA in Timeshift, it means it could be eventually fixed in an updated driver (if Nvidia is aware of it, and nobody knows that).

ajm786
01-07-08, 12:10 PM
I'm not going back to an old driver for one game. If a certain Nvidia driver worked with FSAA in Timeshift, it means it could be eventually fixed in an updated driver (if Nvidia is aware of it, and nobody knows that).

True, but in this case, you're going to be voiding yourself of an awesome experience. I can't begin to tell you how beautiful the game is running at 4xS AA/16xAF with every detail maxed out.

Bokishi
01-08-08, 03:07 AM
Meh, running at 2560 res, look good enough without aa

SH64
01-08-08, 05:18 AM
I could tolerate AA this time .. but even AF is not working. it looks so ugly without it :(

Bokishi
01-08-08, 04:58 PM
It seems like just the bump-mapped textures don't have AF, because certain other textures look good