PDA

View Full Version : Need help.

ryan29121
01-04-08, 10:18 AM
I recently built a computer and im very frustrated with it so far. Ive been having some issues but the biggest issue now is that my computer locks up (cant ctrl+alt+del and just shows the loading cursor) all the time sometimes randomly and every single time I try and start a game (i.e TF2 and COD4) When it locks up I notice that some things look strange like im getting lines across the screen and weird colors in some areas. After it sits on this screen for about 5 minutes or so the "blue screen" comes up. I was using powerstrip overclocking program but i removed it to try and troubleshoot. What is causing this? Can anyone help me? All my parts are currently listed below. I have the newest GPU drivers. i do thank everyone in advance for helping me with this issue. I really need help.

EDIT: Even tried swapping out RAM and didn't change anything. Also all parts are brand new.

bacon12
01-04-08, 11:33 AM
I assume it does so in both your vista and xp installs? If so I would say there is a bad component if you can't run at stock speeds.

What are you temps like during load before you have the lockups as well?

ryan29121
01-04-08, 11:39 AM
I assume it does so in both your vista and xp installs? If so I would say there is a bad component if you can't run at stock speeds.

What are you temps like during load before you have the lockups as well?

Im running in XP and temps should be very low considering my computer can be off and the it will lock up after 5 minutes of the computer being on.

hirantha
01-04-08, 12:09 PM
i have a feeling processor is overheating, or your GPU is...(is the GPU fan working?) what are the temp of the processor and GPU after it loads to Windows?

Delbert
01-04-08, 12:12 PM
Also check your BIOS for any auto overclocking settings like speedstep etc.... and turn them off.

ryan29121
01-07-08, 10:17 AM
I updated to 169.21, reseted the BIOS and CMOS but it still occurs. I just built this computer less than a month ago so the thermal compound should be fine. I used a small line across both sets of cores as instructed by arctic silver. Can you think of anything else that may cause this? Every time I start a game up it just locks up before I get to the menus. This is confusing the hell out of me.