PDA

View Full Version : Low Voltage

seeker
01-04-08, 10:27 PM
It had been some time since I had checked, so I was quite surprised to find that Speedfan was showing my 3.3v at only .58v. I rebooted into the BIOS to double check, but the BIOS doesn't give a value for that voltage. I did a bit of Googling to learn that the 3.3v cables are orange, so I glanced around inside the case, and could only see orange cables running to the SATA harddrives and to the ATX connector. Since I'm not experiencing any problems at the moment, I'm wondering just how concerned that I should be?

seeker
01-07-08, 05:11 PM
Since my last post, I have tested the power supply with an LED tester and it says that the 3.3 rail is good, but this kind of tester is not conclusive nor does it give an exact value. I wanted to use a digital meter but the only way that I know of to switch the PS on, without it being plugged into the motherboard, is with the LED tester...but then that doesn't permit the use of the digital meter at the same time.

In addition, I have started experiencing some problems that I feel may be related to this condition, such as game crashes on games that I have not had a problem with before, and a couple of 0x50 BSODs that have not occurred before either.

I'm thinking that I might be able to jump a couple of wires on the ATX connector to switch the PS on so that I can get an exact value on the DVM, but I don't know which of the 20 sockets to cross....any help on this?