PDA

View Full Version : Glitches with 7900gt

bunraku
01-05-08, 07:16 AM
Hi
I got a new card 6 months ago.
Ir seems okayish'but in 2 of my games(Totally different types as one's an RTS and the other a FPS) Company of Heroes and Call of Duty 4 i get really bad graphical glitches.Despite being 2 different types of game the look of the glitches are identical
There are intermittent stripey walls/barriers that appear that obscure my view.Also stripey towers that apppear especially in COD4 that go way up in the sky etc.Moving around can cause these to come and go. Sometimes i also seem to get a white flashing.
I have'nt overclocked the GPU and have tried older and latest drivers.
Example of striping in COH below.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/osakajoe/Image441.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanx

nV`andrew
01-05-08, 11:39 AM
I get artifacts/distortion in some maps on CS:Source with my 7900GT CO SuperClocked(which I downclocked) from eVGA. It's about 2 years old though. I think i will order an 8800GT and RMA the 7900.

Crow_Nest
01-05-08, 11:59 AM
I suddenly saw artifacting on my old 7900GT when i turned on high shaders in crysis. The artifacts arent very obvious but if you look carefully you can see them. Ran the card OCed to 545/1600 for a little over a year.

KaOSoFt
01-08-08, 10:44 AM
I can't believe this, I thought it was just me... I've been experiencing some artifacting since I started playing Crysis (everything at medium, but physics, particles and water on high); it barely happens, or otherwise I would have kicked my video card ass already. Not only I've been having it in-game, but also I see some green-or-red colored dots (like one or two) sometimes even in my desktop, without playing. They keep appearing in any other program. I restart to check if it's hardware, but the dots don't appear before loading Windows, so I can safely assume it's not physical damage, but I know it can't be the drivers, because I've tried almost all of them. :(

I have an eVGA GeForce 7900GT KO 256 MB (http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/bz7wz/). I have never overclocked it, and it's already six months old (I bought it to a friend, but it was brand new).

I read a topic on eVGA forums where someone mentioned it could be a bad-regulated power supply, but I refuse to think my Seasonic M-12 700W is not working properly, and I don't have a friend with hardware to try it out...

In any case, I measured video memory usage in Crysis (but not with the integrated budget monitoring tool, because it isn't accurate) and the most I've gotten is 212 MB, so we can't say it's texture trashing or something... temperatures go about 40~42 C idling, and 66~70 C (which is the maximum I have ever reached, and only this game makes it possible ;)) with Crysis after three hours of gaming.

I know I didn't help much, but at least I shared my experience. :D

EDIT: Ha, I had not seen your message.

I suddenly saw artifacting on my old 7900GT when i turned on high shaders in crysis. The artifacts arent very obvious but if you look carefully you can see them. Ran the card OCed to 545/1600 for a little over a year.
I did the same thing and the video card artifacted like hell and crashed my whole system. :thumbdwn:

I then set it on medium and it worked like charm.