PDA

View Full Version : One for the Vista x64 & X-Fi owners!

ATOJAR
01-06-08, 06:58 AM
Hi guys, ive had my X-Fi for afew weeks now and i must say im well impressed, i just have afew questions ive been meaning to ask.

Ive always installed the Creative ALchemy (X-Fi Edition) v1.00.30 drivers first(after a fresh install ect)and then i install the X-Fi Vista Driver v2.15.0004! .... does it matter witch order the X-Fi Vista Driver & ALchemy Drivers are installed? .... i mean does it effect the sound at all? i dont seem to have any problems, what order do YOU install the Vista & ALchemy X-Fi sound drivers normally?

Also is there any other software from the creative web site apart from the two above that you would reccomend me installing? I basicaly watch movies, play games, use TeamSpeak2 & listern to music.

Thanks.

ATOJAR
01-06-08, 11:41 AM
Anybody? :headexplode:

Slammin
01-06-08, 11:51 AM
I always install the driver first. Habit mostly, but then some of the additional software you should install, such as Creative Console Launcher (highly recommend) and THX Console, also highly recommend, probably rely on the driver being there to even install.

$n][pErMan
01-06-08, 12:07 PM
I always install the driver first then other add-ons or software :)

ATOJAR
01-06-08, 12:49 PM
THX Console

Where can i find this? it dont seem to be on the site? is it named something else? Link (http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=209&nRegionFK=&nCountryFK=&nLanguageFK=&sOSName=Windows+Vista+64-bit&region=3&Product_Name=X-Fi+Xtreme+Gamer&Product_ID=15853&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=27&select=0&x=28&y=18)

Ive downloaded the Creative Console Launcher 2.40.09.

Thanks again for you help. :D

CaptNKILL
01-06-08, 12:50 PM
It should be on the CD. I don't know if you can get it from the Creative site.

ATOJAR
01-06-08, 12:52 PM
It should be on the CD. I don't know if you can get it from the Creative site.

Ahh right ill digg the cd out! ... what exactly do the Creative Console Launcher & THX Console do? what are they for?(sorry for the noobish question)

nekrosoft13
01-06-08, 01:10 PM
becareful with the CD, its probably not vista compatible

ATOJAR
01-06-08, 01:12 PM
becareful with the CD, its probably not vista compatible

I got two cd's, one that says xp drivers another that says vista drivers. should be ok!

ATOJAR
01-06-08, 04:40 PM
So i put the vista disc in, click to explore the disc, go into the audio folder, then the THXConU folder, i click the setup.exe and im met with the below error! .. any ideas?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ATOJAR/error.jpg

Slammin
01-07-08, 06:27 PM
Google YouPax. He has converted all utils on the CD to Vista. The image I have is 20K1_VISTA_BULK$SI_RTM.iso 626mb in size.

Slammin
01-07-08, 06:29 PM
So i put the vista disc in, click to explore the disc, go into the audio folder, then the THXConU folder, i click the setup.exe and im met with the below error! .. any ideas?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ATOJAR/error.jpg

I never had a 'real' from Creative Vista CD, but you should probably run the setup from the root and it should probably allow you to select Custom where you'd be able to select the apps you want to install. Otherwise, find YouPax.

ATOJAR
01-08-08, 03:47 AM
Thanks for that, while searching for the YouPax drivers i came across somebody saying just put the cd in as if doing a full install but then go to custom install and just untick all the boxes but the THX Console box & this error dont happen, anyway it installed fine this way(i know im such a noob:o ) .... Now i dont seem to have anything in this THX Console thats i dont have in the Creative Console Launcher! ... whats the difference? what can i do with one Console that i cant do in the other?

Seems like the THX Console was a pointless install where as the Creative Console Launcher is really cool!

LordJuanlo
01-08-08, 03:57 AM
You can download the Vista CD ISO from torrent sites, just google a bit and you will find it.

ATOJAR
01-08-08, 07:59 AM
Hi, yes thanks for that but i found what i was looking for in the cd! ... what i really want to know though is whats the difference between the two? what can the THX Console do that the Creative Console Launcher cant ect?

EciDemon
01-08-08, 09:38 AM
The THX console is for calibration purposes. You set speaker delays and such. I never use it as I often use headphones anyways, and I got no analoge surround imput on my HK surround reciver. *me wants DDL support*

ATOJAR
01-08-08, 10:43 AM
Ahh so the THX console is usless unless you have surround sound? well i dont use surround sound anyway! ... i mostly use my headset & even when i do use my speakers they are 2.1 speakers.(two front speakers)