PDA

View Full Version : CPU Init error on Striker Extreme

RaidenWoW
01-07-08, 06:00 PM
I have a Core 2 Duo e4400 and a Striker Extreme motherboard.

I have the right RAM and it was working fine the other day with a 400w power supply that only had:

4/6 of the little power thing near the CPU
and
12/16 of the BIG motherboard power thingie.

Even though there were like 8 slots total that were not plugged in, the motherboard booted up fine and did everything perfectly.

Right now I have a 850w Rosewill power supply and I plugged everything in. All the slots are plugged in and I turned it on and it turns on for 1/2 a second then turns off and the LCD display says "CPU INIT" and I've researched and found one solution so far which was to use 1 RAM slot farthest from the CPU and then turn it on and set the RAM to 2.2v or something. I'll do that in a minute, but is there any other solution that I might have to know about if the RAM one doesn't work?

Essentially I'm asking: What solutions are there for the "CPU Init" error on the striker extreme motherboard?

I've searched this forum and there are very few topics and answers to this issue.

Thanks,
- Raiden

mythy
01-07-08, 07:02 PM
So you did you try the old 400W PSU again to make sure it still works?

oh and I would NEVER hook a Rosewill power supply into my hardware :headexplode:

Revs
01-07-08, 07:07 PM
I got this error many times when messing with overclocking. Usually caused by the voltages being too low for my clocks. Most of the time just unplugging the PC for a few minutes sorted it. The odd time I had to unplug it and take the battery out for up to 30 mins.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103333&page=2&highlight=ini post #20

RaidenWoW
01-07-08, 07:45 PM
Never mind... Got it to work somehow... It may have been that something wasn't fully plugged in.

....Edit. It's back again. The computer boots up and does some sounds.

long..... short.short.

beeps.

riiiiiiiiiiing, ring.ring. riiiiiiiiiing, ring.ring.

DOUBLE EDIT:

Nobody mind this post for awhile... I'm still testing things. I stuck RAM in the motherboard and now its not fussing anymore. stupid me..?

Tripple edit:

Delete this post. I got it fixed. For some reason when I plugged in a few case fans to the PSU (wtf?) the error went away.