PDA

View Full Version : STALKER save problem

asd
01-08-08, 08:54 AM
After installed back the game, I start to enjoying it again, but now somethings wrong, I can't save my game, because every save I made, I can't load it, after loading any save the game will crash, "ONLY" the AutoSave can be loaded, any idea? :(

Destroy
01-08-08, 08:58 AM
I have painfully found with about 3 hours of messing around when Stalker crashes, it takes out something with video card drivers. I then need to reinstall my vid card drivers; Stalker then loads save games properly again.

Also, don't add or remove mods mid game. That will mess up save games also. Start the game with all the mods you plan on using from the start.

asd
01-08-08, 09:19 AM
I have painfully found with about 3 hours of messing around when Stalker crashes, it takes out something with video card drivers. I then need to reinstall my vid card drivers; Stalker then loads save games properly again.

Also, don't add or remove mods mid game. That will mess up save games also. Start the game with all the mods you plan on using from the start.
I didn't change any driver so I guess driver is not the problem, but yes, I do added 2 mods after I start to play, but I don't think this is my problem either, because I try to start a new game, save right after I got the mission from WOLF, load it, and it crash too, so now I start to think this is some kind of vista problem?

Destroy
01-08-08, 09:28 AM
I didn't change any driver so I guess driver is not the problem, but yes, I do added 2 mods after I start to play, but I don't think this is my problem either, because I try to start a new game, save right after I got the mission from WOLF, load it, and it crash too, so now I start to think this is some kind of vista problem?

Has nothing to do with changing driver. Stalker TAKES OUT the driver causing load game crashes afterwards. Reinstalling the driver fixes the load save issue after a crash.

This is what I've 100% found out for my load game crash issues in winXP btw.

asd
01-08-08, 10:03 AM
Has nothing to do with changing driver. Stalker TAKES OUT the driver causing load game crashes afterwards. Reinstalling the driver fixes the load save issue after a crash.

This is what I've 100% found out for my load game crash issues in winXP btw.
Too bad, I'm running Vista-64bit on my system, and reinstalling the driver didn't help, it seems that I need to stick with my AutoSave funtion, which is very painful. :(

Destroy
01-08-08, 10:38 AM
Too bad, I'm running Vista-64bit on my system, and reinstalling the driver didn't help, it seems that I need to stick with my AutoSave funtion, which is very painful. :(

That sucks, sorry can't help more.

This whole game is painful. It's Boiling Point all over again IMO. Trying to fix this game proper and interesting with mods but its been nothing but trouble for me trying to play through this game each time I've tried.

Not to mention is so frustrating when restarting the game cause your character is such a noob(weak stats). Very too much struggling in the beginning makes it tiring.

conroejoe
01-08-08, 11:03 AM
Stalker runs like crap and crashes only in Vista unless you create a shortcut with -noprefetch

asd
01-08-08, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys, I must admit that STALKER is a buggy game, but with those graphical mods, I really want to play this game again, maybe if I post which mods I'm using should help?

The mod I'm using:

S.H.A.R.P.E.R Textures 0.95
Stalker skies 1.1
Float32 1.7112b
POM 1.6
trader mod 1.1
weight mod for stalker 1.4

My error log:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : hFile>0
[error]Function : FileDownload
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xrCore\FS.cpp
[error]Line : 106
[error]Description : c:\program files (x86)\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\

stack trace:

methimpikehoses
01-08-08, 01:37 PM
STALKER saves can be tricky... I can load about half of mine and the other half hangs at "sychronizing." Probably game version issues for me.

Destroy
01-08-08, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure POM and Float play well with each other, do they?

bob saget
01-08-08, 04:27 PM
had this problem from the begining, make sure you dl the latest patch, jonelo can direct you to it, after that, all problems vanish and you can enjoy game :)

bob saget
01-08-08, 04:28 PM
Stalker runs like crap and crashes only in Vista unless you create a shortcut with -noprefetch

didnt crash once for me with new patch, the 1.0004 i believe.

bob saget
01-08-08, 04:29 PM
sorry, 1.0005

asd
01-08-08, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure POM and Float play well with each other, do they?
For me it's no problem at all. ;)

asd
01-08-08, 11:34 PM
didnt crash once for me with new patch, the 1.0004 i believe.
Yes, I patched the game to the latest version, but it didn't help, I guess there is no way to fix it since STALKER always has some "unique" bugs that will make you painful, but I'm so lucky that the quick_save funtion is usable, so I can continue to enjoy my "enhanced" STALKER. ;)

bob saget
01-09-08, 01:19 AM
Yes, I patched the game to the latest version, but it didn't help, I guess there is no way to fix it since STALKER always has some "unique" bugs that will make you painful, but I'm so lucky that the quick_save funtion is usable, so I can continue to enjoy my "enhanced" STALKER. ;)
oh ok, well at least you can play it :)

OldOfEvil
01-10-08, 02:00 PM
I decided to give this game another shot. Fully patched, latest driver and I've got the CTD save game issue. Very frustrating, going to just delete this buggy POS.

Jonelo
01-10-08, 02:12 PM
I decided to give this game another shot. Fully patched, latest driver and I've got the CTD save game issue. Very frustrating, going to just delete this buggy POS.

You have this ?

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B940105&x=12&y=13

OldOfEvil
01-10-08, 06:11 PM
You have this ?

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B940105&x=12&y=13

Not using Vista..