PDA

View Full Version : Take-Two Acquires Illusion Softworks

Jonelo
01-08-08, 11:56 AM
http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=285328

Cita:
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Acquires Illusion Softworks
Tuesday January 8, 8:01 am ET

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO - News) today announced the acquisition of Illusion Softworks, a premier Central European-based game development studio with operations in Brno and Prague, the Czech Republic. Illusion Softworks has approximately 200 employees and will join Take-Two’s 2K Games publishing label as its newest studio, 2K Czech.
ADVERTISEMENT

Established in 1997, Illusion Softworks is the creator and owner of several hit video game franchises, including Mafia, Hidden & Dangerous and Vietcong. The studio is currently working with 2K Games on Mafia II, the sequel to the original Mafia, which helped establish the gangster genre and sold more than two million units.

“The acquisition of Illusion Softworks reflects our strategic focus on owning high-value intellectual property as we continue to expand our portfolio of triple-A titles,” said Ben Feder, Chief Executive Officer of Take-Two.

Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K, said, “Adding 2K Czech to our network of development studios demonstrates our strong commitment to creating great franchises and building world-class creative teams. The 2K Czech team is responsible for several very innovative and highly-regarded franchises and we look forward to continuing to develop new and existing IP together.”

“We have an excellent working relationship with 2K Games and the utmost respect for them,” said Petr Vochozka, CEO of 2K Czech. “We are pleased to become a 2K studio and are confident that this new partnership will strengthen our current and future projects.”

About Mafia II

Bred from enormous fan demand, Mafia II is the sequel to the classic free roaming action-crime game that mesmerized gamers around the world. Mafia II takes players on an unforgettable journey interacting with Empire City’s Mafia crime families from the early ‘50s. Intense gameplay and a script by Daniel Vavra, the scriptwriter of the original Mafia, provide the perfect synergy of action and award-winning storytelling. The title is being developed for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows®.

Well bufffff

nekrosoft13
01-08-08, 12:06 PM
****, now they will probably **** up Mafia, just so their GTA **** looks better.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-08-08, 12:07 PM
great :headexplode:

Mr. Hunt
01-08-08, 12:23 PM
****, now they will probably **** up Mafia, just so their GTA **** looks better.

So they are just going to rerelease Mafia? Game was bad enough the first time... don't want to do that dance again.

DoomUK
01-08-08, 12:32 PM
I want Hidden and Dangerous 3 *protests*. Using CryEngine 2 *protests more*.

toxikneedle
01-08-08, 12:37 PM
So they are just going to rerelease Mafia? Game was bad enough the first time... don't want to do that dance again.
do you like anything?

crainger
01-08-08, 12:41 PM
Lord of the Dance and Hitman.

Mr. Hunt
01-08-08, 01:00 PM
Lord of the Dance and Hitman.

Yup.

SH64
01-08-08, 03:46 PM
Plz dont fukup Mafia 2 pleeease!

AdamK47
01-08-08, 03:54 PM
And TTWO is still down. :(

AngelGraves13
01-08-08, 04:25 PM
It'll be on Steam soon then. 2K games is on there as well as Rockstar, both owned by Take-Two.

Delbert
01-09-08, 05:42 PM
Are you on some sort of banned substance.... ???
Mafia is one of the best games i have ever played. It has remained installed on my system since it was released.
Regards Mafia 2 Screenies... look good and all, but it was about the playability in the original.

Jonelo
01-09-08, 05:50 PM
Are you on some sort of banned substance.... ???
Mafia is one of the best games i have ever played. It has remained installed on my system since it was released.
Regards Mafia 2 Screenies... look good and all, but it was about the playability in the original.

+10000000000 and Agree

SH64
01-09-08, 05:57 PM
+10000000001

Mafia rocked! can't wait for Mafia 2!

Mr. Hunt
01-09-08, 09:30 PM
I bought Mafia, played through it, and just didn't like it. It tried to be GTA but was way too buggy on release. Then when they fixed it, it was better, but still wasn't anywhere near good.

Mym8marmite
01-10-08, 06:15 AM
As long as they use the same composer for the music in mafia II.
Music in Mafia was pure quality.

S

NaitoSan
01-10-08, 07:01 AM
my younger brother made me play mafia and HOLY ****! it's awesome!!! i'm like few missions till end. awesome! this isn't like GTA at all. the story is what it's all about. steep 100% of awesomeness!

nekrosoft13
01-10-08, 07:08 AM
my younger brother made me play mafia and HOLY ****! it's awesome!!! i'm like few missions till end. awesome! this isn't like GTA at all. the story is what it's all about. steep 100% of awesomeness!

every single GTA since the second game in the series been crap. Horrible story, bad graphics, pointless violence.

Story in Mafia was better then a movie, and a real purpose, ending was top notch. I won't say anything more about the ending, because don't want to spoil it for you.