PDA

View Full Version : Valve Cooking Up Free Portal for GeForce Users!

Pages : [1] 2 3

SH64
01-09-08, 03:06 PM
Cool!
Steam's latest hardware survey shows more gamers play on NVIDIA GeForce hardware than any other graphics platform, so in an effort to further show its support Valve is offering all NVIDIA gamers a free copy of its special edition Portal: First Slice.

Portal: First Slice is now available to all NVIDIA customers.
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=48785&mode=thread&order=0

Gimme a slice! :D

Bman212121
01-09-08, 03:12 PM
Hmm, might have to dl it for the sake of dling.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-09-08, 03:18 PM
just signed up for steam... gonna see what all the hype is about, luckily the uninstall button isn't too far away :bleh:

poullos
01-09-08, 03:24 PM
I think is for those that don't have it, few levels demo.

Redeemed
01-09-08, 03:34 PM
I think is for those that don't have it, few levels demo.
Yeah, that's what it sounds like. I'll wait and see what others say about it before I dl it.

I already own portal, so why would I want a demo of portal? :lol:

bob saget
01-09-08, 03:34 PM
i am not sure, its not available for me yet, and its not in "demos" section. Any idea how to get it started?

ViN86
01-09-08, 03:36 PM
the article says it's a new version/release of the first one.

im sure it's truncated in some way, but i hope not :D

Effective immediately, all NVIDIA gamers may receive a free copy of Portal: First Slice, a special version of the award-winning new game from Valve, by visiting www.steamgames.com/nvidia1 and "Taking the test." Steam will then auto-detect the presence of NVIDIA hardware and make Portal: First Slice available immediately, free of charge. To make it easy for all NVIDIA customers to redeem this offer, a link to the Steam offer will also be included in all NVIDIA drivers.

"More Steam gamers, including myself, play on NVIDIA hardware than any other GPU," said Doug Lombardi, vice president of marketing at Valve. "That's a testament to the company's long history of innovation and quality. By working together with NVIDIA to expand our development, distribution, and marketing efforts, we're increasing our ability to serve the millions of NVIDIA customers logging onto Steam and help us prepare for our next generation of content."

Throughout the coming year, the companies will also be working together to support competitive gaming events for Counter-Strike? and Team Fortress? 2 and will continue to work together to define and support the breakthrough features of tomorrow's games and graphics hardware.

"Valve's endorsement of our technology and tools is yet another example of how the world's leading gaming companies are working with NVIDIA," said Roy Taylor, vice president of content relations at NVIDIA. "Portal is the hottest new, award-winning title from Valve, and we're delighted that Valve will offer First Slice exclusively to GeForce customers."

Portal: First Slice is now available to all NVIDIA customers.

Dragunov
01-09-08, 04:06 PM
Busy with downloading it

ViN86
01-09-08, 04:15 PM
Busy with downloading it
let us know :D

XDanger
01-09-08, 04:19 PM
Will the demo run user maps?
Like these http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178414

JigenD
01-09-08, 04:23 PM
I was reading about this on another site and for some reason I read "POSTAL" and I thought "I don't want a ****ty postal game..."

Dreamingawake
01-09-08, 04:29 PM
i am not sure, its not available for me yet, and its not in "demos" section. Any idea how to get it started?

http://www.steamgames.com/nvidia1

go ^ to get the download started..

what a sweet offer ! it comes with; portal first slice, peggle extreme,
half life 2 deathmatch and half life 2 lost coast !

:D

interested to see what this 'new' portal is all about..

KasuCode
01-09-08, 04:36 PM
Its filled with BUY ATI OR NO CAKE adds posted all over the walls.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-09-08, 04:36 PM
uninstalled.

nutcrackr
01-09-08, 04:38 PM
damn another blow for ATI, nvidia just bought out their biggest gaming asset. Now all they have is crappy games.

SeriTonin
01-09-08, 04:43 PM
Who doesn't valve sleep with these days?

methimpikehoses
01-09-08, 04:47 PM

John

Destroy
01-09-08, 05:05 PM
Portal demo, sweet. Finally get to try the game and see what they hype is about.

Tr1cK
01-09-08, 05:17 PM
Portal demo, sweet. Finally get to try the game and see what they hype is about.
+1

Ayepecks
01-09-08, 06:01 PM
FYI: This comes with the Portal demo, HL2: DM, HL2: Lost Coast and Peggle Extreme.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-09-08, 06:02 PM
about the only thing I enjoyed was Peggle :lol:

Ayepecks
01-09-08, 06:05 PM
about the only thing I enjoyed was Peggle :lol:
I'm not a big Peggle fan myself, but HL2: DM is good for anyone who just got the Orange Box, as it didn't have it. I wish I could gift my Peggle away since I never use it.

SH64
01-09-08, 06:07 PM
So you say Valve is teh biatch ? :o

nice offer , nevertheless.

SeriTonin
01-09-08, 06:49 PM
So you say Valve is teh biatch ? :o

nice offer , nevertheless.
I'm just still bitter at them for the fx series and how badly they ripped nvidia for it, now they offer nvidia users a special demo, I just think good business men shut up, because the industry changes constantly and you never want to burn bridges.

BioHazZarD
01-09-08, 07:02 PM
Its just a big demo relax not the fullgame :(