PDA

View Full Version : MGS2 Substance pc or ps2 ?

EciDemon
04-22-03, 09:00 AM
Humm I was thinking about buying this game for either pc or Ps2 ... man its hard to decide.

I think my pc is all set for this game, amd xp 2400+ 512mb 333mhz, gf3 and audigy 2. I also have an ps to usb converter so I can use my psx controller on the pc.

But ... Mgs is a console game and console games converted to pc usually dont endup good :rolleyes: ... and this is Konami too

I already have Mgs2 sons of liberty to my ps2 btw, I really do love that game. Considering that ... it might not be worth buying the game for ps2 as those games are more expencive then pc games for sure.

Man ... some one wanna shed some light ?

Btw, for those who do have this game on Pc, does it feature the camera focus fx you see on ps2 ? ... you know when thigs are blurry in the background (or foreground for that matter) in cut scenes and such ?

//
Eci

LORD-eX-Bu
04-22-03, 01:32 PM
bah, I wouldn't waste my money on the game, 45 min of gameplay, rest are cutscenes and dialogue, not very fun. If you must buy it I'd get it for console, takes up too much space for PC and doesn't look that great;)

EciDemon
04-23-03, 04:29 AM
I know what the game is about as I do have sons of liberty for my ps2, and I dont have a problem with all the cutscenes, I like them. I think its alot of gameplay too, there are tons of little funny things you can do (go check on gamefaqs.com to get an idea of all the little cool things). Thats what so great about Mgs2 I think.

But it is a little hard to justify buing Substance when the actuall game is the same its just more goodies added. Ill have to do some more research.

It would be nice to hear some thoghts from someone who have played Mgs2 both on ps2 and Pc.

Ill probably go and check in the stores what both versions costs..

Grechie
04-23-03, 08:30 PM
im getting mgs2 substance today on pc, i love it, ive played the ps2 version of mgs2, but then sold the ps2 so yeh been hanging to play the one on pc :D

stncttr908
04-23-03, 09:28 PM
I'd rent it for PS2, good bet that you'd find all the extras and have your fill.

omghi2u
04-23-03, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by EciDemon
I know what the game is about as I do have sons of liberty for my ps2, and I dont have a problem with all the cutscenes, I like them. I think its alot of gameplay too, there are tons of little funny things you can do (go check on gamefaqs.com to get an idea of all the little cool things). Thats what so great about Mgs2 I think.

But it is a little hard to justify buing Substance when the actuall game is the same its just more goodies added. Ill have to do some more research.

It would be nice to hear some thoghts from someone who have played Mgs2 both on ps2 and Pc.

Ill probably go and check in the stores what both versions costs.. Does your USB-converter have vibration? If no, then get the PS2 version. Then again, substance is pretty much the same as MGS2SoL, so buying it for PS2 is not worth it. Great game though.

And yea, I'd rent it to. Only takes like 16 hrs to beat for me.

EciDemon
04-25-03, 03:59 AM
No unfortunatly the vibrating funktion does not work with the psx controller when it is connected with the usb converter, neither does the analog buttons featured on the ps2 controller.

Both the sticks work tho so it will be like playing the old mgs1 on psx I guess.

Im going down to the stores today to browse some then Ill check the prices on both versions .... Ill decide when Im there.

Thank you all for your thoghts it does help :)

Grechie
04-25-03, 09:20 AM
i got mgs2 substance on pc yesterday and id have to say, the pc version loooks heaps better, if it wasnt for the keyboard this game would rock on pc, but the controls are hard to get used to....but yes the graphics for me were the best and it ran soo smooth lol, even on my card :D i would recommend this game on pc if u have a decent enough pc :)