PDA

View Full Version : Portal: First Slice crashes

Dragunov
01-10-08, 02:49 PM
Hi,

Already reinstalled the game once, but now when I wanted to play it again, it crashes again, it starts well, but suddenly it minimizes, maximizes, couple of times and then I see a grey screen, then the text HL2 stopped working

Solution?

thx

Revs
01-10-08, 03:05 PM
Is that in Vista or XP. Have you tried both?

Dragunov
01-10-08, 03:47 PM
I just use Vista with Steam, checking the intergrity again seems to fix it ... for now, but already finished the extended demo, quite nice, but way too short

bob saget
01-10-08, 03:57 PM
oh ok, so it worked for ya?
way too short, but not terrible, listening to the commentary is entertaining :)

nutcrackr
01-10-08, 04:42 PM
The game is meant to crash, thats why its so amazing, you keep playing and it keeps crashing, its genius

bob saget
01-10-08, 05:28 PM
The game is meant to crash, thats why its so amazing, you keep playing and it keeps crashing, its genius
:lol2:

other then several odd crashes in episode1, i had no problems with their software, css, hl2, deathmath, among others.

Richteralan
01-10-08, 06:15 PM
I don't really find the commentary is funny.
If we are in 2000 it's funny.
Those jokes are seriously old.

bob saget
01-10-08, 07:05 PM
I don't really find the commentary is funny.
If we are in 2000 it's funny.
Those jokes are seriously old.
jokes? where are the jokes? i guess i dint finish it with the commentary, i got busy, do they seriously joke later on? i find it interesting how they discribe reasons why the made levels a certain way.

Richteralan
01-10-08, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry I mean the commentaries are not that entertaining.
I hardly find it interesting and the commentary style is so old to me.

Richteralan
01-10-08, 08:01 PM
I guess I'm lucky that it didn't crashed on me and I'm using Vista!

OK I confess, it crashed on me once....(lee)

bob saget
01-10-08, 08:18 PM
just to confirm something here, those ARE the first 10 levels from the full size game right?

Richteralan
01-10-08, 08:22 PM
just to confirm something here, those ARE the first 10 levels from the full size game right?
I don't know if those are FIRST 10 levels, but there are 10 levels.:headexplode:
Since I never played the full game.

bob saget
01-10-08, 08:25 PM
I don't know if those are FIRST 10 levels, but there are 10 levels.:headexplode:
Since I never played the full game.

ok yea, because if those are the first 10 in the actual game, and in all there are about 20, thats basically half the game passed in about 20 mins. I seen some videos of the later levels on youtube, those DO look like tons of fun.

Madpistol
01-11-08, 08:23 AM
ok yea, because if those are the first 10 in the actual game, and in all there are about 20, thats basically half the game passed in about 20 mins. I seen some videos of the later levels on youtube, those DO look like tons of fun.

The later levels are hard the first time through... you really have to think in order to get past those. If you've only spent 20 minutes on the first several levels, you'll find the ending much harder... and longer.

EciDemon
01-11-08, 08:42 AM
It's funny though, an "extended" demo of a concept demo (full game)...
got the full version on the 360, dang it's way to short.

edit: hehe 600 posts, lol been at 5xx for two or three years now lol. But then again, current job leaves with much downtime and boredom. Disclaimer: Every now and then.

n3ptun3
01-11-08, 11:08 AM
crashing during the launch here.. Vista x64
it shows the valve splash screen, and it crashes, sometimes i get it to open the game screen and play.. but the crashes at the start is annoying as hell

Dragunov
01-12-08, 07:45 AM
Same problem, sometimes it runs, sometimes it crashes