PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Teaser Trailer

MowTin
01-12-08, 04:19 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29609.html

I doubt the game will look anything like this trailer.

bob saget
01-12-08, 04:34 AM
holy ****!!!!
during the first about 5 seconds, i thought it was a movie. looked cool. the actual game probs wont be anything like this....

Crow_Nest
01-12-08, 10:46 AM
Wow, that was pretty cool. Cant wait, hopefully the game doesnt suck.

Eliminator
01-12-08, 11:20 AM
whats the point of this trailer... none of it is ingame... well lets just hope its not gona be just another console port like the first one... and hope the widescreen hacks still work cause for sure it wont support proper widescreen

Crow_Nest
01-12-08, 11:38 AM
whats the point of this trailer... none of it is ingame...

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it is only a teaser trailer?

breathemetal
01-12-08, 12:22 PM
Looked cool

SH64
01-12-08, 08:08 PM
whats the point of this trailer... none of it is ingame
Thanks for pointing that out. you saved me some time.

Redeemed
01-12-08, 09:20 PM
And if all of that was ingame? I know, not gonna' happen. Would be cool to finally have visuals like that. :D

SH64
01-12-08, 10:38 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102782&

Now i'd like to see what stncttr908 & SeriTonin have to say about this :lol:

Bokishi
01-12-08, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry but I'd rather see real gameplay, not what I wish the gameplay looked like

Loreman
01-13-08, 03:06 AM
I am sure it will be just like the previous game which while I enjoyed it as a bit of casual fun was basically a linear, spawning enemies Call Of Duty 2 clone done in the Rainbow 6 universe.

Nothing like the free form, sandbox ,approach the mission from anywhere style of the original Rainbow 6 through to Raven Shield (Lets forget about lockdown).

This is the way all these games are going now though (Ghost Recon etc.), and although I can still get some enjoyment from them (I am not that snobby) I just wish they wouldn't dumb them down so, so much for the console kids.

MowTin
01-13-08, 03:54 AM
I am sure it will be just like the previous game which while I enjoyed it as a bit of casual fun was basically a linear, spawning enemies Call Of Duty 2 clone done in the Rainbow 6 universe.

You can't seriously compare Rainbow 6 Vegas with Call of Duty. And I don't remember any spawning enemies. You go from situation to situation with a fixed number of tangos in each area.

To compare it to COD is a stretch.

You gotta love the shootout in the glass panel offices. Glass flying everywhere...awesome. Taking out tangos using thermal visioin...priceless. Loved that game. :D

Loreman
01-13-08, 05:32 AM
Dude, enemies spawn all throughout the level. Just a basic example. Everytime you go through one level at the exact trigger location guys will spawn and rappel down from the roof. Same event, every time.

As you progress from room to room, guys spawn, they aren't in the level from the very start and on their own little patrol routes which makes for all sorts of random goodness, like Rogue Spear or Raven Shield. And nor do they need to be because you can't approach the level from any other directions anyway because your funneled through it like a deceptively linear corridor shooter.

So I think its very much like a COD 2.

You obviously never played rogue spear and crept through the rain soaked streets of Kosovo taking any path you choose in a large city block with no stupid invisible barriers.

A typical old school Rainbow 6 level would be say a factory, or an art gallery and you could enter from anywhere, round the back, front, through windows. You could plan any path through the establishment. You could take the main hostage room first if you choose then you can work your way through the other rooms in whatever order picking off the rest of the terro's.

Try that in Vegas? Oh whats that, you can't? Oh yeh it's a dumbed down linear corridor shooter with a couple of doors leading into one room as an option. Just like COD man.

Don't even get me started on the terrorist hunts, in Vegas they always appear in the exact same spot, or come running into a room right on cue when you trip a trigger location.

In previous Rainbow Six's they were randomly scattered throughout the level and responded to sounds and other things.

Sure the AI did some dumb things, but the overall gameplay was SO much deeper than this blam blam action ****.

Show me how you can choose to use stealth and sneak through a Vegas level without engaging?

MowTin
01-13-08, 06:14 PM
A typical old school Rainbow 6 level would be say a factory, or an art gallery and you could enter from anywhere, round the back, front, through windows. You could plan any path through the establishment. You could take the main hostage room first if you choose then you can work your way through the other rooms in whatever order picking off the rest of the terro's.

Try that in Vegas? Oh whats that, you can't? Oh yeh it's a dumbed down linear corridor shooter with a couple of doors leading into one room as an option. Just like COD man.

Breaching and clearing rooms is fun. Reading blueprints to figure out where to breach a building is not fun. Setting up dozens of waypoints for your friendly AI to follow is not fun. Seeing the plan you worked on for 30 minutes come unraveled because your friendly AI got stuck on a door is painful.

I like the new Rainbows 6 games because they eliminated all that boring (sorry :D ) planning and left only the room breaching goodness.

You make it seem like you only have a choice of door #1 or door #2. But you also have to choose whether to flash or grenade. You can send your team to enter door #2 while you enter door #1. You can tell them which tangos to take out first.

It's not all the freedom you're used to but it's a great middle ground. It's a whole lot more freedom than you get in most FPS shooters.

I evaluate R6V as compared to other FPS action shooters but you're evaluating as compared to previous tactical shooters in the R6 series and that's why we have very different opinions about the same game.

I love the game because it offers far more depth and choices than most action FPS shooters. You hate it because it offers far less depth and choices than previous R6 tactical shooters.

Loreman
01-13-08, 07:57 PM
Nice comment. I get what your saying.

However the planning phase wasn't really what I was most concerned about. I could handle dealing with no planning phase if there was still freedom to move around the level as I choose and if every enemy activity was not so heavily scripted.

MowTin
01-13-08, 09:36 PM
Nice comment. I get what your saying.

However the planning phase wasn't really what I was most concerned about. I could handle dealing with no planning phase if there was still freedom to move around the level as I choose and if every enemy activity was not so heavily scripted.

I think a lot of the thirst for R6 has been satisfied by Counter Strike. Instead of AI friendlies you have human intelligence (HI) friendlies. Instead of AI tangos you have HI tangos.

I know CS doesn't have damage/bullet model that can statisfy R6 fans. What I don't understand is why there isn't a CS type mod that R6 fans can enjoy. I think teaming up with real humans is more fun than going against AI, right?

In real life tangos would behave more like terrorist CS player do--either camping or rushing.

Maybe it's really CS that killed R6? What do you think of that theory?