PDA

View Full Version : New to SLI

g-a-m-e
01-13-08, 11:53 AM
So, i'm an expert on crossfire , (sarcasm) but SLI is new to me .

I have no idea how it works...

1) Do i just turn on SLi, and that's it ?
2) How do i overclock BOTH cards ?

That's it for now

Revs
01-13-08, 12:27 PM
You'll need to go in to your nVidia control panel and turn SLI on. No restart required usually. Any OC you set will be applied to both cards.

g-a-m-e
01-13-08, 01:20 PM
Really ? I ask because i use ATI-Tool, and as it only sees one card ...

And what is this thing about the profiles ? Do i need to set profiles for every game ? thx

peti1212
01-13-08, 01:30 PM
Yes, if you overclock two cards in SLI, if you apply the overclock to one card it will overclock the other one as well, even if ATITool only sees one card. I do not belive that you need a profile for every game, just leave it as it is, or if you wish you can change them. If you are talking about the nvidia settings for the games, the I would leave them as it is since it will just screw up the SLI setup. Just so you know even if Nvidia says in the game profilese that it is set to single card, it still works in SLI.

g-a-m-e
01-13-08, 02:07 PM
So really ? I find it hard to believe overclocking 1 card automatically overclocks the other as well ?

I mean ati-tool isnt CCC right ? Does the driver overclock the other card as well then ?

I'll try to dig up some info on that for myself , i mean i've heard it before but it just doesnt seem likely

SlieTheSecond
01-13-08, 05:40 PM
Both card will always run at identical speeds.

What ever clock speeds you set it to. Both card will run at that speed.

Afaik, you can not run two cards at separate speeds.

Amuro
01-13-08, 07:48 PM
Even though you can use your global profile, it's better to have a SLI profile for every game.

Burnt_Ram
01-15-08, 09:16 AM
if you use rivatuner 2.06 both cards wont be overclocked. you need 2.05 to OC both cards. thought i would mention that just in case ;)