PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Siege Fans behold the next siege!!!

hirantha
01-14-08, 11:26 AM
Space Siege (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5349.html)

awesome graphics and Physics!!! Cant wait!!! :captnkill:

"The demonstration showed off the basic premise of the game, where you'll navigate the interiors of the spaceship, blowing away hundreds of alien opponents in the process. You'll have plenty of weapons at your disposal, as well as skills and abilities. However, the true challenge in Space Siege is figuring out how much you want to turn Walker into less of a human being and more of a cybernetic organism. During the game, you'll be given choices to exchange some of Walker's organic parts for cybernetic parts. These parts may confer powerful bonuses and abilities, but they come at the price of having him become less human. The tradeoff is that the characters in the game will react differently to Walker, especially if he becomes less and less human. There are also very powerful abilities that can only be unlocked if Walker retains his humanity. So where will you draw the line? What choices will you make?"
Thats a part of first impression from Gamespot.

jeffmd
01-14-08, 11:39 AM
meh... I saw nothing impressive. Its to early..sure.. but frankly I would have wished they would have mastered the traditional fantasy rpg before trying for one in space. DS2 was an upgrade for a sequil, but it still didn't reach that spot of acceptence. Infact they should have tried for a DS3 with super enhanced online play before diablo3 (provided diablo 3 dosnt become an mmo) comes out.

Also after mass effect with its great looks through first person and third person perspectives, the top down space rpg look the garage engine gives dosnt look so hot.

hirantha
01-14-08, 11:58 AM
as you said Jeff its too early to decide anything, lets wait and see... just to hear Chris Taylor is working on another title is like Christmas all over again for me :D

nekrosoft13
01-14-08, 12:03 PM
so far i have zero intrest in this game

raystorm
01-14-08, 01:18 PM
Dungeon Siege multiplayer was good but the single player was boredom beyond belief. Both DS games practically play by themselves and are way too ultra linear. I hope Space Siege is different but I doubt it'll be.

nekrosoft13
01-14-08, 01:50 PM
i actually finished Dungeon Siege II, because i was stuck for two months in motel, while waiting for a new house to be finished.

that was the only game my aging laptop could play

hirantha
01-14-08, 02:05 PM
DS1 had this authentic feel to it, there wasn't anything like that when it was released. somehow DS2 didn't have that, yet it was fun to play. especially the skill system was innovative.

but this Space Siege will not carry anything from the past games.. i don't think we need to control & manage more than 2 chars. managing 5 to 6 char in DS series was a pain sometimes.

IGN Chris's interview (http://pc.ign.com/articles/845/845192p1.html)

NaitoSan
01-14-08, 02:34 PM
it's confirmed this will be coming to silver screen by infamous director, uwe boll. coming in 2011.

:p

jeffmd
01-14-08, 07:40 PM
DS1 was kinda of nice because the market hadnt been saturated yet (There was no WoW yet), and it became even nicer with the balance mod which added new spells, and a slew of melee abilities for the ranger and warrior.

DS2 I recongnise for its improvements, it had a descent talent system and stuff, but melee didn't quite fall into their own, and boss wise it was more of the same. The central city aspect of it was a nice nod to twhat MMO's do, but I would run into situations where i needed to level up.. and there wernt any mobs around to kill..this didn't happen once or twice, this happened all the time. I shouldnt need to reset the game so many times.

Buio
01-15-08, 06:08 AM
I will most probably get it, because I liked Dungeon Siege and I like action RPG's.

The big problem I see with the graphics is the environment. In DS the environment was really lush, good looking and most of all varied. I need to see more environments and not only spaceship corridors.

andy_nv
01-15-08, 09:37 AM
I played both DS 1 & 2 with expansions and all, was fun. There was a space like mod for the original DS, decent for a mod though I wouldn't like a sequel in that direction. Just give me DS3, Hellgate London showed what it means to go offroad. :)

ArrowMk84
01-15-08, 10:10 AM
I'll be picking this one up. I'm a fan of Chris Taylor games. TA, DS, SC - I love them all, even if they aren't pushing the boundaries of story, game play or technology.

The big problem I see with the graphics is the environment. In DS the environment was really lush, good looking and most of all varied. I need to see more environments and not only spaceship corridors.

It's a huge colony ship. I'll be surprised if they don't make lots of different "garden" environments. Heh, now they don't even need an excuse to put a winter forest next to a desert mesa!

Ninjaman09
05-10-08, 11:53 AM
Check out the new trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33763.html

LOL

ArrowMk84
05-10-08, 02:42 PM
Mmmmm, chain guns!

Buio
05-10-08, 04:28 PM
Check out the new trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33763.html
LOL

Don't understand how they can release gameplay trailers where it looks so unsmooth. Either the fps is low or the animations are lacking.

CaptNKILL
05-10-08, 04:32 PM
Don't understand how they can release gameplay trailers where it looks so unsmooth. Either the fps is low or the animations are lacking.
Oh god, yeah that was terrible.

It was probably running at 10-15fps...

Blehhh...

nutcrackr
05-10-08, 05:00 PM
wow thats terrible.

Badboy_12345
05-11-08, 04:40 AM
I thought it looked awesome.
There are not many space action-rpgs at all and thats what makes it unique
I will probably buy this one if it doesnt get crazy crap scores.

Ninjaman09
05-11-08, 07:54 AM
I thought it looked awesome.
There are not many space action-rpgs at all and thats what makes it unique
I will probably buy this one if it doesnt get crazy crap scores.
Just get Mass Effect...Space Siege is going to be terrible.

asd
05-11-08, 12:39 PM
Just get Mass Effect...Space Siege is going to be terrible.
As terrible as DS? (nana2)