PDA

View Full Version : black screen blinks and then attempt to reset error 8800gtx sli or single

jshepherd
01-14-08, 07:00 PM
hello,
This is by far the most expensive junk I have built to date :( . Everytime I get something solved something else comes up.

specs
vista 32 ultimate
msi p6n diamond
q6600 @ 2.4 for now tuniq tower
4g crucial ballistix Tries 2g also same problem
2 x 8800gtx sli
850 power supply

The biggest problem now is that randomly and I think it is only happening when I click on a link or in a web site the screen will just go black then come back on then go black about 3 or 4 times and sometimes it does not lock up and I can continue to do email or whatever. Most of the time it gives me bsod with the " attemp to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed " and the system reboots.

I think this started happening with the newer 169. drivers and was one 169.28 but it did it with .25 etc. I went back to 163.75 and it so far has been fine all day ( knock on wood right )

I get this when it checks for problems on startup
"This problem was caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver. This program was created by NVIDIA Corporation. NVIDIA Corporation does not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported."

Checking into the problem history in vista shows 70 yes 70 problems that all say video hardware error since 12/26.
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
WD-20080113-2241-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Sorry to make this so long but I have tried as much as I know. I have tried with one 8800 then swapped it with the other one to rule the cards out. I have tried running it back to stock speed no help, I have tried various combinations of ram no help.

I play Crysis and want to run the newer drivers and still cannot say for sure that the 163's solved it for another day or so.

please help
John

jshepherd
01-17-08, 01:11 PM
Well it did it today without being on the internet. I was in outlook and it gave me a bsod driver_irql_not_less_or_equal at the bottom it said nvmfdx32.sys uner the technical info.

bobus182
02-13-09, 02:28 AM
I was getting the same errors when I first set up my system. I have an NVIDIA mobo and NVIDIA 8800GTX cards. What helped the problem for me was to reinstall the base drivers from the CD that came with the mobo, and cancel the driver installation once it got to the RAID setup, then reinstall the graphics drivers normally, and update. Not sure what the correlation is, but I have no more problems with driver_irq_not_less_or_equal errors anymore. It doesn't completely cure the timeout recovery BSoD, but they seem to only occur for me after a couple of hours of NWN2 in full screen.

Hope that helps

EciDemon
02-14-09, 04:02 PM
I think we have thread necromancers on the loose again :bleh: