PDA

View Full Version : What PS3 game should I get first.

KasuCode
01-14-08, 10:14 PM
I was thinking about getting one if theres a game that will keep me happy. I dont want an FPS unless it has a great story. Id get one maybe 2 games. I planed on getting one for MGS4 and FF13 anyways. I gave my lil brother my 360 and im running out of pc games.

Blackcat
01-14-08, 10:21 PM
Get Uncharted. Very cool game, combination of Prince of Persia and GOW. Can't believe that this game does not get more attention than it does.

1337_Like_ThaT
01-14-08, 10:41 PM
Heavinly Sword or Ratchet & Clank if you want superb graphics adventure game

Bman212121
01-15-08, 12:20 AM
I would go browse the PS store and try some of the stuff out that's in there. Make sure you get GT:HD, pixel junk, and lemmings. ;)

Bad_Boy
01-15-08, 12:22 AM
uncharted.
-tons of replay value for a SP only game.
-best looking console game out.
-great gameplay & good story.

ratchet & clank, warhawk, HL2 orange box, and resistance would make fine second choices.

christos
01-15-08, 06:12 AM
Unchartered or Ractchet & Clank

DJMONDY
01-15-08, 07:50 AM
Warhawk - freaking awsome!

|MaguS|
01-15-08, 08:45 AM
Uncharted or Warhawk

EDIT, Don't forget about the PSN games... Super Stardust HD has been keeping more busy then many retail titles. Also add us to your friends list. :p

KasuCode
01-15-08, 03:19 PM
I always thought ratchet was like a kids game or something. Is it decently mature? (as in no winy kid voice overs or anything like that) How are the uncharted controls? I didnt really like tomb rider. And I do plan on getting games on PSN I just wanted to buy a game or two with it when i first got it. I like good stories with relaxing game play when I play consoles.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

muaddib
01-15-08, 03:23 PM
Get Uncharted. The new R&C simply lost the charm it had with the PS2 installments, IMO.

|MaguS|
01-15-08, 03:49 PM
I always thought ratchet was like a kids game or something. Is it decently mature? (as in no winy kid voice overs or anything like that) How are the uncharted controls? I didnt really like tomb rider. And I do plan on getting games on PSN I just wanted to buy a game or two with it when i first got it. I like good stories with relaxing game play when I play consoles.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

Rachet is like a pixar movie, it has kid and adult theme/jokes. Its great writing.

Uncharted is like playing an indiana jones game... its amazing the entire way through.

NaitoSan
01-15-08, 08:21 PM
uncharted! motostorm is also very fun, i keep laughing with that game. hmm, yeah i think that's all. oh yeah, folklore too. r&c is also great.

emacs
01-17-08, 11:32 PM
currently available in Canada and the United States

- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- Heavenly Sword
- Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Resistance: Fall of Man
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Assassin's Creed
- Virtua Fighter 5
- Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

and games expected within the next three (3) months

- Dark Sector
- Devil My Cry 4
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
- Burnout Paradise
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
- Condemned 2: Bloodshot
- Haze

KasuCode
01-17-08, 11:47 PM
Im just going to wait for devil may cry to buy it. Its so hard to decide on just one so if I wait tell next month ill pickup like 5 games with it. (Also broke from recent PC build)

Ruined
01-17-08, 11:57 PM
I think you could make custom maps on a few PS2 games...Timesplitters or Red Faction. I'm too lazy to confirm that information.

Far Cry Instincts on 360 allowed you to make custom maps and share them online, it was a near-launch title.

MowTin
01-18-08, 04:30 PM
I'm new to the PS3 too. I rented Resistance and R&C. Right now I'm focusing on the Resistance. Wow, the gameplay in resistance is the pure milk of gaming goodness.

It's a real no nonsense ACTION FPS.

If you have a Holywood Video (or BlockBuster) you can just rent some games and the later buy what you liked.