PDA

View Full Version : Successful build and a thanks to everyone who helped!!

ryan29121
01-15-08, 03:55 PM
After about three months of questions I finally built my very first gaming computer. Everything went together really smooth with an exception of an RMA on my faulty 8800gt. This was definitely a great experience for me. I just want to thank everyone who helped me through this entire build process. You guys are awesome!

SH64
01-15-08, 05:00 PM
:cool:

stncttr908
01-15-08, 09:11 PM
Definitely nice parts choices. Enjoy!

G-Man
01-15-08, 10:00 PM
sweet post some pics!

ManWithNoName
01-16-08, 10:50 AM
After about three months of questions I finally built my very first gaming computer. Everything went together really smooth with an exception of an RMA on my faulty 8800gt. This was definitely a great experience for me. I just want to thank everyone who helped me through this entire build process. You guys are awesome!

Nicely done and glad it all worked out for you in the end. Have you had a chance to do any gaming yet? Or are you still just looking at it and admiring your work? :p

Tr1cK
01-16-08, 10:58 AM
enjoy

ryan29121
01-18-08, 10:19 PM
Nicely done and glad it all worked out for you in the end. Have you had a chance to do any gaming yet? Or are you still just looking at it and admiring your work? :p

Ive done quite a bit of gaming on it so far and it performs awesome. Im playing COD4 on max settings, and crysis on almost high settings. This computer runs so nice with a quad. Here are some pics:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/ryan7066/DSC00540.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/ryan7066/DSC00539.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/ryan7066/DSC00538.jpg

I have done a few more mods since then. Picture is not showing the GPU cooler and the extra fans I added. Also its not showing the extra 2gb of ram.

Killroy X
01-19-08, 12:06 AM
Man I love that case! Problem is, it wouldn't fit under my desk!

ryan29121
01-19-08, 09:49 AM
Man I love that case! Problem is, it wouldn't fit under my desk!

I know, this case is a monster! I was shocked when i first saw how big it is. Now I love it! Thankfully I have plenty of room in my office for it.

ronss
01-20-08, 05:09 AM

nice build and parts, if i did anything different, might have opt for the abit ip35pro motherboard,,... but the one you choose is diffinitly nice, gigabyte.

what did you get with madonion 2006 ??

HYBRID
01-20-08, 09:11 PM
Nice Rig man enjoy, and good luck with it.
I like that case planning on changing mine soon the Cosmo and the Black Starcker 832 are my current choices.

ManWithNoName
01-21-08, 01:37 PM
Ive done quite a bit of gaming on it so far and it performs awesome. Im playing COD4 on max settings, and crysis on almost high settings. This computer runs so nice with a quad. Here are some pics:

I have done a few more mods since then. Picture is not showing the GPU cooler and the extra fans I added. Also its not showing the extra 2gb of ram.

Very, very nice. :clap2: Having a larger case makes it a lot easier to keep things clean and organized. It also makes it a helluva a lot more fun to work in. Made a huge mistake several builds ago with an old AMD system when I bought a very small mid-size case.

FastRedPonyCar
01-22-08, 11:01 AM
Looks really nice man. 1st PC is always the most memorable and only leaves you wanting more. Good choice on all the components...espcially the zalman. Dig the bottom of the one I got! That's right out of the box.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/Computer/C2D%20Machine/IMG_7474.jpg

could you not hide any wires behind the mobo tray?

Revs
01-22-08, 11:15 AM
Nice build bud :cool: .

I love how clean and new rigs are when you first build em. A few weeks and that crappy fine dust coats everything :(

You gonna OC?

icantgo_onlivin
01-25-08, 07:50 AM
no problem at all.

wait what????