PDA

View Full Version : Where is Alan Wake ?

Pages : [1] 2

turdhat
01-15-08, 06:20 PM
Any news on this great looking game ? Quad core seems to be here in force now which appeared to be what they were waiting for. I hope the project was not too ambitious. The tech videos that most of us have seen showed some impressive tech and true multi core use with rendering, AI, world streaming etc all being done on different cores. If you have not seen them I suggest hitting up youtube.

Noriega
01-15-08, 06:21 PM
...I think he is sleeping right now

toxikneedle
01-15-08, 06:29 PM
i dont remember where, but i remember reading that remedy had some problems with this game.... I think this was right before MGS bought the license to the game.

SeriTonin
01-15-08, 06:49 PM
Last I read rumors floated that it was axed.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-15-08, 07:19 PM
eloped with Max Payne.

nutcrackr
01-15-08, 07:41 PM
They started work on barbie horse adventures, with mona sax as the lead horse trainer.

NaitoSan
01-15-08, 08:12 PM
it's coming. just have to wait for a while.

Fuku2
01-15-08, 08:20 PM
i dont remember where, but i remember reading that remedy had some problems with this game.... I think this was right before MGS bought the license to the game.

Metal Gear Solid?

amk21
01-15-08, 08:44 PM
it's coming. just have to wait for a while.

Thanks of the info, did you pull it out of your arse.

nekrosoft13
01-15-08, 08:46 PM
Metal Gear Solid?

I think he meant Microsoft Game Studios

Section-9
01-15-08, 08:47 PM
...I think he is sleeping right now

Wake up! (nana2)

crainger
01-15-08, 09:09 PM
After reading a few internet articles about something completely unrelated. I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the issue.

Alan Wake has been axed.

NaitoSan
01-15-08, 09:10 PM
Thanks of the info, did you pull it out of your arse.
If I tell you then I'll have to kill you.

NaitoSan
01-15-08, 09:11 PM
After reading a few internet articles about something completely unrelated. I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the issue.

Alan Wake has been axed.
Nice, you're my idol.

crainger
01-15-08, 09:15 PM
I know. It's the sunglasses isn't it?

RAY16
01-15-08, 11:10 PM
Still under development according to Remedy's official website.

http://www.remedygames.com/games/index.html

Alan Wake is one of Microsoft's big shows for the Games For Windows platform (and DX10, methinks), it's unlikely that they'll cancel it unless development is going very badly.

SH64
01-16-08, 12:16 AM
Prolly canned due to piracy fears ?

nutcrackr
01-16-08, 03:20 AM
Its for 360 too, it wouldn't make any sense to cancel it in relation to piracy, worse case scenario is they'd completely switch to 360 focused and do a 1/4 assed port to PC to get a bit more profit. I don't think remedy are going to be douches like that.

LordJuanlo
01-16-08, 03:20 AM
It's taking a big delay cause it's being consolized right now

LORD-eX-Bu
01-16-08, 03:21 AM
yes, the game cannot be released until the consolization process is complete :headexplode:

LordJuanlo
01-16-08, 03:28 AM
Did you guys know Alan Wake won't work on XP?. It will be Vista exclusive.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-16-08, 03:28 AM
wasn't the same thing said about crysis long before its release?

LordJuanlo
01-16-08, 03:32 AM
Look at AlanWake.com (http://www.alanwake.com/), you can see the words exclusive for Windows Vista and Xbox 360. Also the game FAQ (http://brightfalls.net/alan-wake-faq/) has official words from the developers:

Is Alan Wake exclusive to Windows Vista? If so why?

Petri Järvilehto had this to say on the official Alan Wake forums (18/05/06):

“I’ll confirm that Alan Wake is Vista and 360 exclusive. I know some people have reacted strongly to that, but for us this was one of the key decisions that will allow us to create the best possible game.

We’ve locked this down a while ago, and being able to focus on fewer platforms means that the game is going to kick more ass than ever before. By going with Vista, we don’t have to compromise everything to the lowest common PC denominator and since we’re not doing a PS3 version we can go all out with PC and 360 multithreading, HDR rendering etc. This focus benefits the tech and game design immensely.

We’re really sorry if some end up missing the game because of our platform choice, but in the end of the day we *must* base our decisions on what will let us create the best possible game. That’s just how Remedy as a team works: we’re passionate about creating something unique. Alan Wake is still our IP and we drive the creative control, but working with Microsoft gives us unprecedented levels of development support, testing resources and so on.

But… as they say, the proof is in the pudding. You guys are going to be the best judges on whether the calls we’ve made have been the right ones. We haven’t really shown anything on what we’ve been up to in the past year. Once we do, it’ll be up to you to see whether our work has been worthwhile.”

The game is being published by Microsoft Game Studios.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-16-08, 03:38 AM
well, that gives me a little more hope for this game then :D

nutcrackr
01-16-08, 03:39 AM
yeah alan wake is vista ony, so incredibly stupid (just like halo 2) the percentage of gamers using vista is what? 15%? If you said to anybody you were alienating over 80% of the possible market by choosing vista only, surely it would click somewhere. Its not even dx10 only so it makes no sense at all (like halo 2)