PDA

View Full Version : Forced to Buy a PS3!

Pages : [1] 2

MowTin
01-16-08, 01:06 AM
I need my HD movie fix and HD-DVD is dead so I returned my very affordable Xbox 360 HD-DVD player and bought a PS3. I had no choice because the PS3 is the best Blu-Ray player in the $400 range.

Now I have consoles coming out my *#$

Some impressions...

The 360 UI is much better
The PS3 controller is much better...big surprise to me.
The PS3 looks way better than my Elite.

I guess Sony's Blu-ray strategy worked...at least in my case.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-16-08, 04:09 AM
congrats on the purchase :D

Amuro
01-16-08, 04:48 AM
Enjoy your purchase!

DJMONDY
01-16-08, 06:42 AM
Ive been lucky enough to buy both so whatever happens in the "WAR" between them doesnt make a difference to me.

Best looking film to date is transformers imo but i dont think its available on blu-ray...your missing out mate im telling ya ;)

If you really wanna see what blu-ray is capable of get the pirates of the caribbean films and maybe starship troopers. they look really really good if you wanna show off your hd setup.

Peoples-Agent
01-16-08, 06:57 AM
Purple is the way to go, best of both worlds.

As for consoles, it's finally worth buying a PS3 now that good games are on their way. The only game I am bothered about on that thing is Uncharted.

Lyme
01-16-08, 11:51 AM
I'm still going to hold off. If HD-DVD truely dies, hopefully MS will make a BD player for the 360. I'd personally like to get a 32" lcd for the bedroom rather than spending the money on another console.

Zelda_fan
01-16-08, 11:54 AM
I need my HD movie fix and HD-DVD is dead so I returned my very affordable Xbox 360 HD-DVD player and bought a PS3. I had no choice because the PS3 is the best Blu-Ray player in the $400 range.

You returned your perfectly working HD-DVD player because of this? It's because of dick heads like you that places now have such ****ty return policies.

Epyx
01-16-08, 05:56 PM
You returned your perfectly working HD-DVD player because of this? It's because of dick heads like you that places now have such ****ty return policies.

Actually do you even know where he returned it? You rush to judgement pretty quickly...I know Future Shop/Best Buy here in Canada advertise a "No hassle" return policy which allows you to bring an item back whether it is defective or not.

Stores are banking on you either keeping it as credit or getting a replacement. Look at gift receipts, after Christmas more items get returned that at any other time of year for either credit or exchange...most of the returns are simply because the item is unwanted not because it doesn't work.

kev13dd
01-16-08, 09:00 PM

Some impressions...

Don't forget Microsoft said they will likely release a Blu-Ray addon if HD-DVD loses the format war!

And yes, the Elite is a horribly ugly console. I can understand if they wanted a black X360, but did they have to go for the crappiest black colored plastic that ever existed?

K

Bman212121
01-16-08, 11:03 PM

Some impressions...

My only complaint about the controller is the triggers. If they would have made them curve the other way like on the xbox controller it would have been bliss.

MowTin
01-17-08, 12:30 AM

Duh, if they didn't offer such return policies I would order everything online. The ability for the customer to return items for any reason is a competitive edge for brick and mortar stores. That's why people are sometimes willing to pay a little more.

It was an extended holiday gift return policy. And I'm sure they're quite happy because I spent $400 instead of just the $200 for the original player. :p

----------------

I rented Rachet & Clank and Resistance. Resistance looks a little dated compared to COD4 but it's still cool. Rachet & Clank looks fantastic. Enjoyed Harry Potter on Blu-ray.

Even my brother commented on how precise the ps3 controller is as compared to the 360's. But on the other hand there's no rumble.

Funny thing is I was trying to press the button to get the disc tray to come out (like the 360) took me a second to realize you just slide the disk in--no tray. Cool.

Oh, I learned I can use my MOMO wheel with this thing. That would be awesome for driving games.

well, back to playing games on my Blu-ray player. :D

jeffmd
01-17-08, 02:22 AM
If your pc is good enough, you can get your HD on without the need for either disc format if your a broke bastard like me. ;) oh yea, also I don't care to pay the ridiculous premium prices they charge over DVD.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-17-08, 02:23 AM
okay mythy :lol:

Dr.Nick
01-17-08, 12:27 PM
Think about it this way. Now you can watch a movie and not think you are flying cross country in a jet aircraft.

Tuningmaster
01-17-08, 12:55 PM

Real mature Child. :rolleyes:

http://farm.tucows.com/images/2006/06/internet_tough_guy_magazine.jpg

Xion X2
01-17-08, 01:32 PM
^ LOL.

Amuro
01-17-08, 08:28 PM
Real mature Child. :rolleyes:

http://farm.tucows.com/images/2006/06/internet_tough_guy_magazine.jpg
He's the no.1 Nintendo fanboy here, lol

Zelda_fan
01-17-08, 09:04 PM
looks like he got banned.

HAR DE HARR HARR looks like I got the last laugh again as usual - suckers.

MustangSVT
01-17-08, 09:40 PM
But *I* wanted the last laugh :(
(rofl2)

MowTin
01-17-08, 10:15 PM
Think about it this way. Now you can watch a movie and not think you are flying cross country in a jet aircraft.

That's true. My brother (who also owns a 360) came over and he noticed that there was almost no noise. I stopped and listened but all I could hear was my PC. I can't believe how quiet this thing is.

No more playing DVD's on the 360 that's for sure.

Xav
01-17-08, 10:25 PM
I enjoy my PS3 as well but I have to say I like my 360 controller hands down over the PS3's. Hand cramps!! Little controller! Hand cramps!! :D

mumstheword
01-18-08, 06:16 AM
I enjoy my PS3 as well but I have to say I like my 360 controller hands down over the PS3's. Hand cramps!! Little controller! Hand cramps!! :D

I can't stand the PS3 controller. Maybe there will be a third-party controller that looks like the 360's.

nekrosoft13
01-18-08, 07:32 AM
I can't stand the PS3 controller. Maybe there will be a third-party controller that looks like the 360's.

http://www.betashop.co.nz/images/nykops2.jpg

1337_Like_ThaT
01-18-08, 10:15 AM
looks like he got banned.

HAR DE HARR HARR looks like I got the last laugh again as usual - suckers.

You're Wrong...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1754/queerqb4.png (http://imageshack.us)

MowTin
01-18-08, 03:21 PM
You're Wrong...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1754/queerqb4.png (http://imageshack.us)

So that's what Zelda Fan's look like :p