PDA

View Full Version : Hiper PSU's .. why the bad press?

ATOJAR
01-17-08, 08:00 AM
How come Hiper psu's have such a bad reputation? ive owned one for almost a year now & have had no issues with it, i know at least another 5+ people that are using the Hiper Type-R 580W psu and also without issue?

Whats so bad with Hiper psu's? how many people here have actually had a Hiper psu die on them, have had issues or have actually killed there system?

Feyy
01-17-08, 10:12 AM
Yeah i don't quite understand the hate either. Owned one myself on my last build and never a problem.

mullet
01-17-08, 11:16 AM
Hiper 580 watt in the wifes system runs great and looks good.

Technoholic
01-17-08, 07:12 PM
Yeah and @ Xoxide, Hiper recently released, or Xox took awhile to put it up, but has 500W to 800W that has 8 USB ports on the outside of PSU. :bugeyes:

ATOJAR
01-17-08, 07:15 PM
runs great and looks good.

+1

XDanger
01-17-08, 07:36 PM
My Hiper-R 580 tis running fine but I did need a separate psu for my g80 GTS when I had one, Im still using it with my GT but I dont think I NEED to.

Joe Public
01-22-08, 05:48 AM
I know that at one point the Type R 580W used Fuhjyuu caps, which could be what caused many of them to stop working after a while. Of course, for the most part you only see those people with a broken PSU posting, while the ones with a working one don't. Still, I'd never buy a PSU which uses crap caps, though I don't know what they're using nowadays.

I know that other models (like the one mentioned earlier in the thread, Hiper 680W with USB ports) use quality caps from Hitachi and Samxon, which are good.

hazindu
01-22-08, 07:22 AM
How come Hiper psu's have such a bad reputation? ive owned one for almost a year now & have had no issues with it, i know at least another 5+ people that are using the Hiper Type-R 580W psu and also without issue?

Whats so bad with Hiper psu's? how many people here have actually had a Hiper psu die on them, have had issues or have actually killed there system?
Just as no PSU can promise to work forever, no PSU can promise to fail in a timely manner. It's a game of odds, and your odds are better with higher quality unit. I'm glad yours has not given you any problems, but knowing that makes me no more likely to buy such an unscrupulous brand.