PDA

View Full Version : G15 version 2 and vista sideshow

Jsunn
01-17-08, 03:42 PM
Hello All,

I have the G15 Gaming Keyboard rev. 2 and I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit. When I first install the keyboard the vista sideshow displays the Logitech
Gaming panel device in the Shide show control panel. I am able to select Outlook 2007 calaendar for display on the G15 keyboard.
Upon reboot, in the Sideshow control panel, it shows that the Logitech Game Panel Device is disconnected.
In Device Manager, there is a "yellow exclimation point" showing there is a
problm with the "Sideshow" device.
When I click on properties for the "Logitech GamePanel Devices" is gives the
following message in the General tab under properties:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
to see if there is a solution available.

I uninstalled the software for the keyboard and reinstalled. Upon reinstall
the Sideshow functionality was working, but when I rebooted, the same error
occured.

This occured in both a standard user account and an administrator account.
I am running Vista Ultimate 32.

Logitech is saying that the keyboard is defective, I think it is a driver issue.

Thanks,
-Jason

Willimane
02-19-08, 04:06 PM
Hi!

First sorry for my bad English.
Got the same problem using Vista Ultimate 32bit and G15 Software.
After some days of trying to fix the issue I figured out that it was caused by iTunes software from Apple.

After uninstalling iTunes the G15 Sideshow driver will load fine.

Greets,

Willi

samornl
03-07-08, 03:52 PM
Hi!

First sorry for my bad English.
Got the same problem using Vista Ultimate 32bit and G15 Software.
After some days of trying to fix the issue I figured out that it was caused by iTunes software from Apple.

After uninstalling iTunes the G15 Sideshow driver will load fine.

Greets,

Willi

thank you for posting this - I came across the same issue and your solution works like a charm!
Still, it means one of the two (itunes, or sideshow in combination with the g15), can't be used together. Do you know if any of the related parties (logitech, apple, ms) is aware of this? Seems to me like quite a lot more people could be having this problem....

How did you figure this one out anyway? It's not the first thing one would think of.....

Jsunn
03-08-08, 07:01 AM
I just e-mailed logitec tech support to let them know about the potential solution.
I also posted this on the logitech G15 forums and on the support forums.

-Jason

compuguy1088
03-10-08, 02:51 PM
I'm guessing that the windows sideshow support only works on version 2 and not the original as well...

Jsunn
03-10-08, 06:03 PM
I am guessing since the drivers are the same that sideshow should work on the orgional as well.

-J

crainger
03-10-08, 09:46 PM
The drivers aren't the same.

Jsunn
03-11-08, 04:32 AM
file names are exacty the same?
-J

Dr.Nick
03-11-08, 10:57 AM
I'm guessing that the windows sideshow support only works on version 2 and not the original as well...

The drivers for version 2 work just fine on the original too. We have both versions at home and they both run the latest drivers of the newer board with no issues.
I was thinking of grabbing an ipod touch soon, I hope I don't run into this problem:(

crainger
03-12-08, 03:21 PM
file names are exacty the same?
-J

Lemme investigate. Last time I checked they were completely different versions. ::o:

EDIT: You are correct. Same filename, man have I been out of the loop. Now to see what happens when I install them ::D:

Seems version one wont do Sideshow at all. ::(:

nekrosoft13
03-15-08, 06:49 PM
sideshow has been removed, due to potential problems

Removed installation of the Sideshow driver for 64-bit Vista. The driver causes a crash on certain systems. Once the issue is resolved, the driver will be again part of the GamePanel Software.

Jsunn
03-15-08, 07:28 PM
That is only for 64bit. I am using 32bit vista.

-J