PDA

View Full Version : Best gaming mouse: MX Revolution vs. G5

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gaco
01-21-08, 06:48 AM
I'm thinking about buying a new gaming mouse soon for my icemat. I've basically come down to either of these two mouse. I left out the MX1000 because my impression is that revolution is newer and thereby better.

So what'll it be, Revolution or G5, corded or cordless? Or something completely different? :)

BTW I'm not interested in MX518 thogh I know this mouse have a fangroup - I'd rather have a the newer G5 in that case :p

Eliminator
01-21-08, 07:16 AM
G7

SH64
01-21-08, 07:28 AM
G7 here aswell. (cordless)

skank
01-21-08, 07:32 AM
I have a G5 here, used MX500, MX510, MX518 and IE3.0. Of all the mice the G5 and MX510 are my favs. You can't go wrong with any of the top mice these days accuracy wise, in my opinion it is down to which you like holding the most and has the buttons you want.

Good luck with whichever mouse you choose.

Edit: I just had a look at the Revolution and it doesn't appear to be a gaming oriented mouse, however I am sure it would perform fine as long as there is no wireless lag.

My vote goes to the G5

Ninjaman09
01-21-08, 08:12 AM
G5 here, see no reason at all to switch.

nekrosoft13
01-21-08, 08:27 AM
even after having one G7 fail, and second failing, i still would recomend it.

that new razer mouse also looks good, Lacheis (something like that)

Wolfhound
01-21-08, 08:45 AM
even after having one G7 fail, and second failing, i still would recomend it.

that new razer mouse also looks good, Lacheis (something like that)

Is Razer Lachesis (http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_17&products_id=72) it has 4000dpi and 32k of onboard memory

nekrosoft13
01-21-08, 08:50 AM
Is Razer Lachesis (http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_17&products_id=72) it has 4000dpi and 32k of onboard memory

i was close enought, weird name.

Wolfhound
01-21-08, 08:54 AM
i was close enought, weird name.

Yeah, kinda weird,the name is taken for this viper Lachesis Muta Muta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachesis_muta)

Madpistol
01-21-08, 08:58 AM
I keep looking for the G7, and it seems like it's been discontinued. If someone knows of a place that still sells them, could you post a link? My MX1000 is dying, and I need a good replacement.

stefan9
01-21-08, 09:20 AM
G9

nekrosoft13
01-21-08, 09:26 AM
Yeah, kinda weird,the name is taken for this viper Lachesis Muta Muta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachesis_muta)

they should have just stayed with common names, Bushmaster

LORD-eX-Bu
01-21-08, 12:19 PM
Logitech G9 (nana2)

nVJoe
01-21-08, 12:25 PM
G7
Cordless sucks

Uberpwnage
01-21-08, 12:26 PM
Lachesis ftw :)

Vasot02
01-21-08, 12:26 PM
1) MX REVOLUTION is not a gaming mouse
It is heavy and also it has some lag problems

Believe me I had one and i know.
So i suggest you avoid it if you play action games (especially FPS)

WIRELESS
2) The best Gaming Wireless mouse is still G7
If you are for a Gaming Wireless mouse this is the best choice

Nothing beats G7 when it is about wireless gaming

WITH CORD
a) G9
An Awesome gaming mouse but ugly designed

Logitech software (especially for this mouse) are stable and very professional-made in my opinion

also G9 has some of the best accessories for a gaming mouse

b) Razer Lachesis
has the highest DPI setting (if you care about extreme sensitivity) and it is for both Left and right handed

but it has software issues...fortunately Razor has promised to fix them with a new firmware

The problem with Razer is that their software\driver department is WEAK and in general their drivers feel like amateur programming in my opinion...

I never liked so much the software part of the Razer solutions

LACHESIS in Greek mythology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachesis_%28mythology%29)

Cordless sucks

(bs2)

Not all cordless sucks

bacon12
01-21-08, 01:20 PM
As I sit here I am staring at four logitech mice. My fav is the revo, but as stated its not really a gamer. So about a month ago I got a g9 for gamng.

COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!

Gaco
01-21-08, 02:07 PM
1) MX REVOLUTION is not a gaming mouse
It is heavy and also it has some lag problems

Believe me I had one and i know.
So i suggest you avoid it if you play action games (especially FPS)

WIRELESS
2) The best Gaming Wireless mouse is still G7
If you are for a Gaming Wireless mouse this is the best choice

Nothing beats G7 when it is about wireless gaming

WITH CORD
a) G9
An Awesome gaming mouse but ugly designed

Logitech software (especially for this mouse) are stable and very professional-made in my opinion

also G9 has some of the best accessories for a gaming mouse

b) Razer Lachesis
has the highest DPI setting (if you care about extreme sensitivity) and it is for both Left and right handed

but it has software issues...fortunately Razor has promised to fix them with a new firmware

The problem with Razer is that their software\driver department is WEAK and in general their drivers feel like amateur programming in my opinion...

I never liked so much the software part of the Razer solutions

LACHESIS in Greek mythology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachesis_%28mythology%29)

(bs2)

Not all cordless sucks
Thanks, useful info (I thank everyone else too of course :))

The Lanchesis seems like a sweet mouse, but a flawed mouse too both a bit in design, features and I can certainly buy the part about the buggy software as well having owned several Razor. I was thinking about the Copperhead if I go razor, and though razor mice are nice in general, I just lean slightly to Logitech for the time being.

But you didn't mention the G5? What about it compared to the G9?

iron99
01-21-08, 02:17 PM
G9

nekrosoft13
01-21-08, 02:23 PM
But you didn't mention the G5? What about it compared to the G9?

G5 is like G7, just corded.

HYBRID
01-21-08, 02:26 PM
dont trust cordless at all bad luck using Logitech G-5 2-tone.Awesome gaming mouse.

spirited1
01-21-08, 02:30 PM
The razer one.

I mean come on. This is a mouse that's so m*********ing bad ass it causes death. Silently. And if it doesn't do that, it will at least "send shivers down your enemies’ spines".

Holy **** IT'S A WEAPON OF MOUSE DESTRUCTION

Gaco
01-21-08, 02:39 PM
Hmm.. I must admit that none of the newer mice are really attractive actually. I may just have to do a little while more with my old Diamondback (which feels unprecise compared to newer mice I have tried like G7 and Copperhead) and wait till Logitech release their next gaming mouse or Razor does it properly.

I dunno I'll continue to read up on Copperhead and G5 which are the two that seems most attractive at the moment for me..

Logical
01-21-08, 05:22 PM
The best cordless gaming mouse imo is the mx1000 laser, i would have said G7 but it has been discontinued.

Gaco
01-21-08, 05:30 PM
I would buy the G9 if it just had two things:

1. On-the-fly sensitivity control LIKE RAZORS MICE, which has a flexible scale of 1-10 with ½-intervals on the fly - this is actually useful, not like the completely useless 3-level sensitivity control Logitech uses

2. A design that wasn't so damn fugly :D

I really like the cloth/teflon cord on the G5 and G9 I've seen on pictures though, looks awesome for minimizing cord interferrence.

The G9 launched around august '07 right? Guess I'll have to wait somewhere between 6 and 12 months before logitech launches their next gaming mouse product.. but wait is just what I'll do :)

G5, G9 and Copperhead was definently the three mice it came down to in the end and who knows I might change my mind, but the