View Full Version : Stickies... continued

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
01-21-08, 01:52 PM
OK. Do we really need all these stickies? Lets review here

1. Screenshot Thread:
No problem here... keep this

2. STALKER:
Ummm... correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a pretty old game... Couldn't someone just use the "Collection of Review threads" for this? Do we really need to sticky every single time an old thread
gets one post?

3. Witcher:
No complaint here. Fairly new and popular.

4. Flight Simulator:
See 2.

5. Favorite Single Player game of 2007:
Have no earthly idea why this was stickied in the first place. I'm trying to figure out if there is a problem with a thread simply being a thread without being stickied. Sure it has gotten a good amount of responses, but don't most good threads? It hasn't had a single response in over a week, and I doubt that will change. Why can't this just be a normal thread and if someone responds... then so be it?

6. Unreal Tournament 3:
This game has little to no interest. Has not been responded to in over a week. Someone could just as easily use the "collection" thread to find it if they needed to. However, this one isn't as bad as others. I do understand there are an entire 3 fans for UT3. Thats good enough to warrant a sticky.. i guess.

7. Call of Duty 4:
Extremely Extremely popular game. Its older, but I see why there is a sticky for it as interest is high. No complaint here.

8. Official Review System:
I seriously doubt anyone will use this review system. It has not generated a single response in over a month. While I do think the review system CaptNKILL came up with is pretty good, this is not a review site and noone other than CaptNKILL will use it. Just my .02 cents.

9. Collection of "Official Games" threads:
Genius to have. I like this sticky. Its actually one of my favorites. Very useful. Just wondering why its even here if we are stickying old games like Stalker and Flight Simulator. I say keep this and junk the old useless games.....

I don't mean to sound like a female, but man 9 stickies? I understood late last year that you guys had loads of stickies, now there is no reason for it. I am all for stickies that have a purpose, but half of these do not at all. There are 4-5 stickies that could easily be removed with not a single person missing them.

Anyone disagree with my opinions listed above? If so, please respond as I may be the only one. The stickies certainly aren't "hurting" me in any way, but they are pretty annoying to have to scroll down to half the page just to start seeing real active threads.

Its only human nature to want to respond at threads that are closer to the top. I have next to nill posts in Gaming Section ever since this "sticky frenzy" occured. This could be why. If they aren't towards the top, they don't seem popular enough to respond to, so I don't even bother looking. Considering nearly half the threads are stickied, thats about as far as I get. I'm sure there are others out there that do the same thing.

methimpikehoses
01-21-08, 01:54 PM
I agree, though we should add a WolfQuest thread.

Tygerwoody
01-21-08, 01:58 PM
To be perfectly honest. No joking.... I think a WolfQuest sticky would generate more posts than an entire 4-5 of the stickies we have now.

BTW, this thread needs to be stickied as well. :D

nekrosoft13
01-21-08, 01:59 PM
OK. Do we really need all these stickies? Lets review here

9. Collection of "Official Games" threads:
Genius to have. I like this sticky. Its actually one of my favorites. Very useful. Just wondering why its even here if we are stickying old games like Stalker and Flight Simulator. I say keep this and junk the old useless games.....

that was my intent

btw, if you see anything missing in that thread, let me know, or let a mod know (they should be able to edit it as well)

Tr1cK
01-21-08, 02:01 PM
+1

Tygerwoody
01-21-08, 02:02 PM
that was my intent

btw, if you see anything missing in that thread, let me know, or let a mod know (they should be able to edit it as well)
Yes and I 100% agree with your intent. I definitely use that thread a good amount of the time. I just don't understand why we are having these old threads popping up as annoying stickies when your thread handles that perfectly fine.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-21-08, 02:47 PM
no way STALKER thread is good :D

bob saget
01-21-08, 03:30 PM
i think stalker should be kept, but we should seperate the game threads, other then that i agree wid you.

bob saget
01-21-08, 03:31 PM
i meant the "collection of review threads" that you said :o

Thingding
01-21-08, 03:42 PM
Can we not have a sticky sub-forum or something?

Tygerwoody
01-21-08, 03:48 PM
no way STALKER thread is good :D
is there a problem with Stalker being a normal thread? It might be "good", but aren't normal threads "good"? Simply bump the post, problem solved. When the thread isn't active, it will go away.. until someone bumps it again. Isn't that what a forum is suppose to be?

LORD-eX-Bu
01-21-08, 03:53 PM
whats wrong with it being stickied? There are multiple STALKER related questions brought up every day thanks to Jonelo :)

Tygerwoody
01-21-08, 05:59 PM
whats wrong with it being stickied? There are multiple STALKER related questions brought up every day thanks to Jonelo :)
Yea i guess we should just sticky every thread on the forum if you use that logic.

methimpikehoses
01-21-08, 06:22 PM
We should make a sub-forum to discuss LORD eX-Bu's logic.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-21-08, 06:36 PM
:captnkill:

Loreman
01-21-08, 07:34 PM
Well, they don't bother me.

I just checked and it takes around 2 days for a post with not many responses to get to the bottom of page 1.

Surely you could find something else to whine about than a few sticky posts on a gaming sub section of a graphics card enthusiast board.

How are the stickies impacting on your quality of life?

Good lord! Scroll down half a page! How can you go on.

They are probably still stickied because posts are being made in the continuously by people who still have a great interest in those good games.

crainger
01-21-08, 07:53 PM
I vote sticky.

DiscipleDOC
01-21-08, 08:20 PM
I don't mean to sound like a female...
Too late........

:p

Armed_Baboon
01-22-08, 04:46 AM
We should sticky every thread. that would solve alot of problems

nutcrackr
01-22-08, 05:24 AM
I don't know, but I think the stalker has been getting a few posts of late, people revisiting the game or posting pictures. It would be so good if you could customise stickies for yourself.

Thingding
01-22-08, 05:32 AM
Hmm Stalker you say... might have a look if i can find the thread...

[edit]
...holy cow some great screenshots in there! Might check it out. Good job it was stickied.

SH64
01-22-08, 05:41 AM
This thread is getting too sticky ..

Tygerwoody
01-22-08, 08:48 AM
Well, they don't bother me.

I just checked and it takes around 2 days for a post with not many responses to get to the bottom of page 1.

Surely you could find something else to whine about than a few sticky posts on a gaming sub section of a graphics card enthusiast board.

How are the stickies impacting on your quality of life?

Good lord! Scroll down half a page! How can you go on.

They are probably still stickied because posts are being made in the continuously by people who still have a great interest in those good games.
I smell a troll. A very uneducated troll at that.

crainger
01-22-08, 06:57 PM
I smell a troll. A very uneducated troll at that.

Get over it Woody. Post ARE being made in the continuously by people whether you like it or not!

LORD-eX-Bu
01-22-08, 06:58 PM
Cris long time no see..