PDA

View Full Version : PC got no system seller?

Pages : [1] 2

Noriega
01-22-08, 05:40 AM
I have noticed that too much exclusives for PC are going to consoles too. Far Cry2, Fallout, and now Spore too. MS talk like Vista is for gamers... but What MS did for GAMERS? Nuthin, Live sux performance too. DX10 show nothing special and also Alan Wake is going to be Vista exclusive... not working on XP. Games for Windows show nothing special and most of them is going to Xbox 360. MS eye in the head is Xbox 360... hey we pay for Vista we want some games too! MS payed for Forza, PGR and Halo to be Exclusives. I think MS should make some BIG game like Forza for PC only. Now MS don't care about Windows Gamers :thumbdwn:

nutcrackr
01-22-08, 06:05 AM
Starcraft 2...nuff said

Battlefield 3?

Noriega
01-22-08, 06:27 AM
Starcraft 2...nuff said

Battlefield 3?

No info about BF3 :( Starcraft 2 yeah it gonna rock but you don't need Windows it will also be on Mac. Microsoft talks about Vista that it is for gamers but I don't see MS spending money on some exclusive game for Windows like for Halo, Forza or PGR on Xbox.

Thingding
01-22-08, 06:47 AM
So Crysis not enough for ya?

How about STALKER, CoH, WoW, FSX, Civ4, the X series, Age of Conan, Alien Breed, Left4Dead, UFO, Counter Strike?

Personally I say PC gaming is the best of every world. We got 90% of the major xbox titles eventually and usually running better on a decent rig.

Thanks to things like emulators, we've got a back catalogue of almost every system ever made and thousands upon thousands of games.

We've got the RTS genre, one that some games try to emulate on consoles but always fail to reproduce.

We can even get Wiimotes working and play games like house of the dead, which isn't even out on the Wii for months.

I know what you're saying. We lost exclusive rights to things like GTA, Half Life, COD, Deus Ex, Halo, Far Cry, Colin Mcrae, BiA, Unreal etc and many of them were dumbed down as a result.

But then we gain stuff like Gears of War, Lost Planet, Condemned, Stranglehold, Ghostbusters and Resident Evil so it's not a complete loss!

I say PC gaming is the number one platform still and always will be. We don't even need a killer app to sell it... but we got hundreds! :D

Noriega
01-22-08, 06:51 AM
So Crysis not enough for ya?

How about STALKER, CoH, WoW, FSX, Civ4, the X series, Age of Conan, Alien Breed, Left4Dead, UFO, Counter Strike?

Left 4 Dead and Conan also on consoles and none of those game were made for MS.

Jonelo
01-22-08, 07:10 AM
EDIT

jeffmd
01-22-08, 08:23 AM
PC generaly has shooters locked down...counterstrike (yeck) as well as everything else are all king on pc. Only thing were missing out on is halo3, and you can see im all broken up about that. Besides thats like asking for sonic and mario on pc back in the 16 bit days.

PC also has the MMO market pretty locked up.

SeriTonin
01-22-08, 09:06 AM
What about Crysis and the 30 expansions/sequels they'll milk us for?

Starcraft 2?

Fallout 3?

Metro 2033?

Noriega
01-22-08, 10:11 AM
When I say systemseller I mean game made by MS or Sony to promote Xbox 360 /PS3. Windows is MS system and MS is lacking of support. MS payed for Halo, Forza, PGR as exclusives on Xbox 360 to sell te platform. What MS did for his "gaming Vista"?

SeriTonin
01-22-08, 10:17 AM
Crysis is a system seller - it's a Vista seller, its a reason for people to want an upgrade - (even though any upgrade out there right now isnt enough)

Crysis.

And it's paid not payed - let's use the language we all agreed upon.

mumstheword
01-22-08, 10:20 AM
Is there such a thing as a 'system' seller in PC gaming? I think 'component' seller is more accurate, and you have to look no further than Crysis and pretty much anything with the the brand of 'DX10'.

stncttr908
01-22-08, 11:25 AM
People mention all these games, but most of my buddies who range from casual to semi-serious gamers know nothing about STALKER, Civ4, etc. Most of them latch onto the next "big' console game, or any that they happen to see commercials for. I doubt that anything in their 360 games collection has ever debuted at a spot lower than 10th. It's sad really, but it's the reality - crappy games with large advertising budgets will sell.

SeriTonin
01-22-08, 11:28 AM
Is there such a thing as a 'system' seller in PC gaming? I think 'component' seller is more accurate, and you have to look no further than Crysis and pretty much anything with the the brand of 'DX10'.

I have to agree. Before crysis, I saw plenty of over-powered rigs. Quad sli and all that non-sense, just to play half-life 2 at some ridiculous 32xaa.

I would say components are sought out more for pcgamers than the actual games themselves. I mean...honestly, even if there wasn't one single game that couldnt be maxed out details and resolution wise right now with any g92 card, I guarentee you just about everyone on this board would still own a g90 in a month if they debuted in 2 weeks. Over-kill or not, pc gamers are all about the e-penis.

Thingding
01-22-08, 11:43 AM
I have to agree. Before crysis, I saw plenty of over-powered rigs. Quad sli and all that non-sense, just to play half-life 2 at some ridiculous 32xaa.

I would say components are sought out more for pcgamers than the actual games themselves. I mean...honestly, even if there wasn't one single game that couldnt be maxed out details and resolution wise right now with any g92 card, I guarentee you just about everyone on this board would still own a g90 in a month if they debuted in 2 weeks. Over-kill or not, pc gamers are all about the e-penis.

actually i agree... agree. but i'll add we're just more obsessed with quality than quantity. most pc games warrant playing again two years later to see how they've improved on new hardware. you can't do that anywhere else!

Noriega
01-22-08, 12:04 PM
Crysis= EA franchise. PGR, FM and Halo are MS franchise.

Thingding
01-22-08, 12:44 PM
From Microsoft on the PC I guess we're stuck with Flight Sim, Rail Sim and two year old Halo Games. Bad luck!!

de><ta
01-22-08, 12:47 PM
The Witcher, nuff said.

SeriTonin
01-22-08, 01:46 PM
When has microsoft EVER had a pc-seller?!? They make operating systems! I mean, aside from Age of Empires, which many rts fans will argue IS a selling point for PC, when has MS really focused hard on games? I know they have a games division, but it was never taken very seriously.

Shadowrun? HA!

It just seems like your making it out as if MS has always had a blockbuster title and they really haven't. They've explored the rts market - they've paid 3rd parties for everything else such as Halo..

stncttr908
01-22-08, 02:53 PM
The Witcher, nuff said.
You're kidding, right? Name me one person who has gone out and bought a fully-loaded gaming PC to play The Witcher. Heck, name me half a dozen casual/semi-serious gamers you know that have heard of it (and that you yourself haven't told about it).

KasuCode
01-22-08, 04:10 PM
Crysis was enough for about 5 people that came over to my house and played it on my 47" gave me money to build them a pc that will play it.

nekrosoft13
01-22-08, 04:34 PM
threads like this always make me laugh

SeriTonin
01-22-08, 05:02 PM

stop laughing and contribute. :p

Vanzagar
01-22-08, 05:07 PM
I tend to agree with the OP, MS (or others) needs to make more AAA eclusive PC titles, with games moving more to consoles I've read articles that MS is worried about how this will impact their OS sales.

Taken to the exptreme if the PC had no decent games I would seriously consider Linux or even a Mac, why not? Hell one of the main reasons I have a MS OS and a PC is for games, if I didn't get my fill of decent games on the PC I'm not sure why I would stick with MS...

MS has neglect the PC long enough...

Vanzagar
01-22-08, 05:09 PM

People like you that have 10,000 posts in 2 years make me laugh... dude get a life...

Epyx
01-22-08, 05:22 PM
The PC market does not require system sellers. The PC Market relies on flexibility to sell systems.

The PC is far more flexible than a console. The fear used to be that PCs would become more console like to provide mass appeal..if anything consoles have become more computer like to extend their appeal. Cartridges gave way to cd/dvd media. Consoles gained online capability. Consoles now have memory card readers and media playing/extending capabilities.

There are certain games that I will never play without a mouse/keyboard. Real Time Strategy games or FPS games really require a keyboard and mouse. A game like Oblivion with its multitude of mods gives it almost infinite replayability over the console versions. Play Oblivion without a de-scaling mod like Oscuros? Never.

With that said I have a Wii/PS3 and will soon add an Xbox360 to the mix (red ring of death stay back!). It boils down to games for me...each system has its strengths and...games.