PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Help !!

CAUTION
01-22-08, 05:46 PM
Well where do I begin, first of I had a raid 0 configuration with two of my 500 gig WD drives. And last night when I was playing CSS my computer totally locked up on me forcing me to reboot. After I rebooted my computer I got the "error raid configuration not Healthy". So I deleted my raid configuration and reinstalled windows. I did not reinstall the raid setup I just simply partitioned both 500 gig drives. And On my raptor drive I installed windows. This morning when I woke up, I turned on my computer and got the error "disk error" press ctrl + alt + del to restart? What the hell is going on, and is there any programs that will help me find out what drive is bad? Please help !!

Bearclaw
01-22-08, 05:55 PM
It's possible that one of the hard drives is bad. Try the other one and see what happens.

stncttr908
01-22-08, 09:08 PM
It might be trying to boot from one of the 500GB drives. Load up your Vista disc and repair the boot loader.

Bearclaw
01-22-08, 09:11 PM
It might be trying to boot from one of the 500GB drives. Load up your Vista disc and repair the boot loader.
I didn't even think about that. Sometimes it is the simplest thing. Go into the BIOS and switch from which HD it boots from. This same thing happened to me a few months ago and I thought I had a bad hard drive but somehow the boot devices got out of order.

stncttr908
01-22-08, 09:15 PM
Speaking of this topic, my buddy at work can't even choose between IDE and SATA as the first boot device. It just lists the ubiquitous "Hard Disk" description. :o

I think he has the P5N-E SLI.