PDA

View Full Version : Will an e8400 work in a 680i mobo?

SeriTonin
01-22-08, 07:01 PM
I forget, is it wolfdale that wont work or yorkfield? I was going to grab a 6750 next week and noticed the e8400's are hitting at relatively the same price w/ 6mb and a 3gh core 45nm, nog bad.

I'd like to grab one of those instead, if it will work on my mobo.

Madpistol
01-22-08, 07:36 PM
I believe you need the latest bios, but they should work. Supposedly, the Quads are the only things that don't work on this motherboard.

fasedww
01-22-08, 07:48 PM
I forget, is it wolfdale that wont work or yorkfield? I was going to grab a 6750 next week and noticed the e8400's are hitting at relatively the same price w/ 6mb and a 3gh core 45nm, nog bad.

look below I double posted.

fasedww
01-22-08, 07:50 PM

Yep here's the bios:,
: ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/NF68_P32.exe :D

SeriTonin
01-22-08, 08:37 PM
Yep here's the bios:,
: ftp://ftp.evga.com/bios/NF68_P32.exe :D

Hey, thanks man. I've been hanging out over in that politics and open forum(s). I forgot these places can be informative and helpful, and that the people can be truly nice.

I'm on the defensive over here...is this bios a virus? :D

Thanks again for the help, appreciate it.

fasedww
01-23-08, 05:19 PM
Hey, thanks man. I've been hanging out over in that politics and open forum(s). I forgot these places can be informative and helpful, and that the people can be truly nice.

I'm on the defensive over here...is this bios a virus? :D

Thanks again for the help, appreciate it.No it comes from evga.com forums, Just go there and look for 680I motherboards and in the forums at the top it will list the bios and different ways to do it, floppy method etc. this is the floppy method where you click it and it will put it on your floppy then just boot to floppy and it will ask you if you want to flash, hit y and it starts flashing really easy, just make sure when it's done shut down computer unplug power clear cmos then boot up, Oh Yeah You should load system defaults before flashing,:)