PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Warranty?

Technoholic
01-23-08, 10:10 AM
How does their warranty work? Do they accept replacement on a physical damage?

I have Samsung 225BW, and it has a deep gash, but not damaged, to the upper left corner of the monitor. Not too noticeable, but it bothers me as if it was a hair or something wet on the monitor, but it's a gash.

It must have happened when I was mobilizing it.

If they do accept physical damage, would they ship me the replacement monitor, or do I have to send them in mine first?

I bought the monitor from Best Buy, and I'm pretty sure the store automatically puts down 1 year warranty for the monitor at Best Buy? Otherwise, the monitor was bought over a year ago now anyway. I do not actually know if Samsung still have warranty covered for specifically this model I have.

Technoholic
01-23-08, 10:25 AM
Well.. Basically, the question is how good is Samsung with their warranty service? Do they take physical damage such as a gash on the monitor, and such?

My monitor automatically has 36 months in parts/labor.

j0j081
01-24-08, 04:03 PM
they will probably replace it as long as you have a decent explanation. you could always say it came like it but didn't think of getting it replaced until now. you should be able to register your lcd on their website and create a repair requestion online. if all goes well they will ship it out in no time or contact you if they need any additional information.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-24-08, 04:19 PM
Best Buy has a return policy of 14-days I think and they don't warranty your purchases unless you buy their "protection" plan. They have two, one covers against defects and the other against accidental damage... of course the accidental damage protection costs about twice as much as their other plan so you'd probably be better off buying a new monitor.

Samsung has a very good customer service, like has already been stated you should register your monitor and create a service request, see if they will issue you an RMA.

Technoholic
01-24-08, 05:49 PM
But I'd like glossy monitor.. HD capable as well.

They don't really bother me at all, really. It's far up on left corner. When the screen is black, and you can see white there. Doesn't bother at all when playing Crysis.

Is it really possible to exchange the monitor with Samsung and get 226BW?

j0j081
01-24-08, 06:58 PM
But I'd like glossy monitor.. HD capable as well.

They don't really bother me at all, really. It's far up on left corner. When the screen is black, and you can see white there. Doesn't bother at all when playing Crysis.

Is it really possible to exchange the monitor with Samsung and get 226BW?
maybe. depends if they are still making th 225bw or have any spares. probably not so u might be in luck.