PDA

View Full Version : Question about direct fan control and auto fan control in Riva tuner

Jsunn
01-25-08, 10:15 AM
Hello All,

I had a quick question about the "direct fan control" function in Riva Tuner.

When I set the RPM to 40% using direct fan control function, does it set my RPM to 40% reguardless of the temperature?

Does RPM still increase with temp as you are utilizing your video card or does it stay at 40%?

Thanks for helping the n00b!
:D
-Jason

Madpistol
01-25-08, 10:34 AM
It should set your fan at a constant rate regardless of temperature.

Jsunn
01-25-08, 01:57 PM
OK, thanks. I was hoping to raise the min fan speed.

-j

Viventis
01-26-08, 08:22 AM
Make sure you selected "low level" on your fan control and "fixed." Also check the boxes for "Apply at startup" and "resume after suspend." Hit "apply" and save it with whatever name you want.

Riva Tuner is really great. If you learn to use the features, it can do really amazing things. For instance, in the "Launcher" section, you can pair up different fan speeds with different overclocks, or just have different fan speeds. You have to create and save the overclock and/or fan speed programs before you can create a launcher program. You can even assign a hot key to a profile.

Jsunn
01-26-08, 08:48 PM
OK,

I am in the process of setting up profiles with Riva tuner, but I don't seem to have the "low level fan control" selection box.

-J

Viventis
01-26-08, 11:25 PM
OK,

I am in the process of setting up profiles with Riva tuner, but I don't seem to have the "low level fan control" selection box.

-J

Main:
256 G92......Customize
select (Picture of video card)
Enable low level fan control (box)
Fixed (circle)

Jsunn
01-27-08, 08:53 PM
OK, got it ffigured out!! Rivatuner ROXZORS!

-J