PDA

View Full Version : ABIT SUCKS!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CDE_1246
01-25-08, 02:10 PM
I have been without my motherboard for weeks because I had to RMA it. I still have not gotten my motherboard, I don't know if its gotten there, I haven't gotten an e-mail or anything, I checked on the website, and today I am calling and they don't even answer. I have not tried e-mailing which I am going to, and whenever I call the RMA department it is just a recording of some miserable sounding guy that says that there not at there desk or something like that. This technical support sucks so bad.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks.

methimpikehoses
01-25-08, 02:21 PM
I have been without my motherboard for weeks because I had to RMA it. I still have not gotten my motherboard, I don't know if its gotten there, I haven't gotten an e-mail or anything, I checked on the website, and today I am calling and they don't even answer. I have not tried e-mailing which I am going to, and whenever I call the RMA department it is just a recording of some miserable sounding guy that says that there not at there desk or something like that. This technical support sucks so bad.

Their forums are good and closely moderated... maybe someone can help you there...

CDE_1246
01-25-08, 02:34 PM
I have used the forums, they are good but do you think someone could actually help me get the tracking number or status of my motherboard?

methimpikehoses
01-25-08, 02:37 PM
I have used the forums, they are good but do you think someone could actually help me get the tracking number or status of my motherboard?

No, but someone maybe would know of another way to reach the company... maybe.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-25-08, 02:50 PM
thats why my abit mobo in sitting in the closet :o

J-Mag
01-25-08, 02:53 PM
Did you get tracking or delivery confirmation on your RMA?

CDE_1246
01-25-08, 05:04 PM
Did you get tracking or delivery confirmation on your RMA?
Yes I have gotten delivery confirmation using the "erma" thing on their website it even says confirmed by abit, yes. It was paid properly and everything. Here are screen shots of what the page for the rma thing looks like.
http://aycu23.webshots.com/image/42542/2003210263621900566_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003210263621900566)
http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/40414/2003264807809648764_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003264807809648764)

bacon12
01-25-08, 06:09 PM
It brings back my nightmare with abit rma. Which I was sent a doa rma and haven't bothered to try and get another. Fsck Abit, there are to many companies with good customer service.

CDE_1246
01-25-08, 06:53 PM
Thats great news! Remind me never to go with abit ever again.

hokeyplyr48
01-25-08, 07:53 PM
i'm in the same situation as my.
the RMA process went smoothly and quickly (i was shocked because i read all their stuff on the forums and thought it was going to be horrendous) so they shipped me a board and guess what?
they shipped me a used board that reaked of cigarette smoke (don't smoke so it bothered me) and the onboard audio didn't work, as well as in order to boot it up without hanging i had to hit the reset switch after i hit power. wtf

and trying to call the RMA dept is a joke. it always goes straight to their voicemail. so if i'm stuck with this POS mobo and get no response i'm going to the better business bureau. because every nightmare that i've read about them is coming true.

ABIT customer service = nonexistant and ****ty

CDE_1246
01-25-08, 08:11 PM
OMFGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome! What exactly is the better business bureau?

When I had this problem with my old Foxconn motherboard, the customer service was excellent.

****!

CDE_1246
01-25-08, 10:06 PM
I don't understand how a motherboard company that I've known about since I was a noob at computers (which says a lot) has this bad of support.

CDE_1246
01-26-08, 12:05 AM
I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT I HATE ABIT

Joe Public
01-26-08, 12:22 PM
Once I had an ABit mobo which worked for three weeks, I sent it off and it took so long I forgot about the whole thing. 6 months later I got back some crappy used board, and then I didn't need it anymore because I had built a whole new rig in the meantime. I ended up giving it away to some needy soul. :o

CDE_1246
01-26-08, 12:37 PM
What exactly is the better business bureau?

Riptide
01-26-08, 12:38 PM
What exactly is the better business bureau?
A waste of time.

CDE_1246
01-26-08, 12:39 PM
what do you mean?

Quick420
01-26-08, 12:40 PM

tracking # ?

CDE_1246
01-26-08, 12:42 PM
I don't have a tracking number because their ****ty website doesn't give me one. I'm not trying to give you guys attitudes but im am really frustrated with this ****ty company.

My RMA # is 08010187

Dazz
01-26-08, 12:57 PM
I sure as hell not getting another ABIT board, i have stability issue and they don't even f**king respond to my emails.

CDE_1246
01-26-08, 01:16 PM
So I guess I have been ripped off and I am never getting my motherboard back. I don't know what to do and this is illegal because I paid money for this ****.

Riptide
01-26-08, 01:53 PM
The BBB is a waste of time because they do nothing. Noone ever bothers to check BBB before buying anything. Or next to noone.

Most taiwanese motherboard manufacturers offer support that isn't exactly stellar anyway. Abit may be the worst of all but they are all pretty much crap IMO.

CDE_1246
01-26-08, 08:34 PM
So what exactly am I supposed to do?

LORD-eX-Bu
01-26-08, 09:21 PM
take this as a learning experience and never buy abit again :lol:

I've been there, if you're willing to wait forever you may get a decent board back but I wouldn't hold my breath.

CDE_1246
01-27-08, 01:11 AM
This is sure one hell of a learning experience, the thing is that this is my only computer and I have no other motherboards. Right now I am running on my old dell with a geforce 6800, 1gb of ram and a 2.4ghz Pentium 4.