PDA

View Full Version : Quiet cases

Pages : [1] 2

breathemetal
01-26-08, 11:49 AM
What are some good silent cases that also have good cooling?

Simple question i know, but, i want to get rid of my current case due to its loudness.

breathemetal
01-26-08, 11:51 AM
I assume you mean the p180+ series?
Which one is the best?

Gaco
01-26-08, 11:53 AM
You should check out the Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 case, it have foam on the internal sides and is designed around optimal cooling for minimal noise though it is more focused on the silent aspect than keeping the temperatures way down. I'm going with water cooling which completely eliminates the issue of case temperature. Google it and check out the reviews, they're generally very strong. It's big and heavy, but solid and sturdy so it's ultimately a nice build IMO. It's not 100% perfect but I'm in love with it :D

I just ordered mine today :)

breathemetal
01-26-08, 11:58 AM
Yea, ive looked @ the cosmos and its nice, but idk if its going to do the cooling my Zero did.

Dazz
01-26-08, 12:01 PM
I have had my Cosmos for 3 weeks or so now loving it, sure temps a little higher but man is it quite, replaced the two top 120mm fans for 140mm fans to help bring the noise down further i can hear my hard drives clearly now dispit the ruber gromits!

Gaco
01-26-08, 12:10 PM
The Cosmos 1000 just seems like the case you can keep for way more than the lifespam of your current motherboard. And quite frankly I get tired of the transparent sides revealing a light show inside in time. I'm going back to the pure minimalist style with clean lines, functionality but still high quality and stylish feel to it. And I've actually just been checking some more reviews just for fun, it's really getting praised even more than I thought initially.
I'm really excited to be working with this case early next week :D

breathemetal
01-26-08, 12:11 PM
I may just wait till march (birthday) plus the new cosmos is supposed to come out.

Gaco
01-26-08, 12:13 PM
I may just wait till march (birthday) plus the new cosmos is supposed to come out.
Sounds exciting with a new Cosmos.. do you have link to more info on this? :)

breathemetal
01-26-08, 12:45 PM
there was a thread a while ago about it, but i dont have the link. just search.

Gaco
01-26-08, 01:05 PM
there was a thread a while ago about it, but i dont have the link. just search.
Interesting.. I really need my case now though so I almost can't wait but that ESA sounds interesting. I wonder how much of a success it's gonna be, sound a little gadget'y to me, but it could be the real deal I guess.

So were you referring to the Cosmos S or the Cosmos 1010? Or are they the same thing? Gotta read up on this..

Gaco
01-26-08, 01:56 PM
Ok I guess you meant the Cosmos S since it's slated for March and Cosmos 1010 is out now :D

Hmm.. I don't know maybe I should postpone my chassis upgrade also. It's just that with my TT pump just going dead and all, the only way to get compensated by the store is to send an empty chassis + LCS back and get a replacement or funds back. I figured it was the right time to change chassis to something more stylish, less bling-bling and more silent, but I dunno with all these ESA cases coming out in 2008. Actually I think I'll just bite the bullet and buy the crappy expensive **** TT pump and live with it. It's also a lot less work. Thanks for the heads-up btw :)

mullet
01-26-08, 05:19 PM
What are some good silent cases that also have good cooling?

Simple question i know, but, i want to get rid of my current case due to its loudness.

Mine, 5 120mm fans that are running @ low and move a ton of air and very quiet.

Bman212121
01-26-08, 10:35 PM
I'll try to report back once UPS drops this guy off. :D

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=194&products_id=21377

It should be pretty quiet since it will have 2 x 120mm fans rated at 22dba and the 2 in the window are 20dba fans.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-26-08, 11:08 PM
oh man I hope they didn't leave the cables all loose in that case as the bright people at performance-pcs usually do when they ship em out. My TJ-09's window came scratched :argh:

Heinzftw
01-27-08, 12:24 AM
Coolermaster Cosmos Silent Gaming Full Tower

razor897
01-27-08, 08:19 AM
Antec Sonata III is inexpensive and comes with a 120mm fan with 3 speed control switch. This is a quiet case until the 8600GTS graphics card fan runs. You can't control the speed of this and probaly not a good idea anyway. I guess my point is the case can be quiet, but other things also can be considered.

Bman212121
01-27-08, 10:26 AM
oh man I hope they didn't leave the cables all loose in that case as the bright people at performance-pcs usually do when they ship em out. My TJ-09's window came scratched :argh:

You and me both, I'd have to imagine someone would have learned from past mistakes though. I'd be pretty pissed if anything was scratched in the case as well. I was actually more concerned about what they did with the old fan bracket and window mesh. I'm not sure if they are just going to leave both of those out or if they include that inside of the case as well.

jeffmd
01-27-08, 11:00 AM
I like my big monolith. ^^
I stuck the power and HD light on the 2 lights behind the panel, so no lights are visable when its on.

LORD-eX-Bu
01-27-08, 11:28 AM
You and me both, I'd have to imagine someone would have learned from past mistakes though. I'd be pretty pissed if anything was scratched in the case as well. I was actually more concerned about what they did with the old fan bracket and window mesh. I'm not sure if they are just going to leave both of those out or if they include that inside of the case as well.

I hope they've learned their lesson... my case cost over $320 and that was before shipping :headexplode:

I didn't even send it back because it would have cost me at least another $40.

breathemetal
01-27-08, 01:06 PM
I like my big monolith. ^^
I stuck the power and HD light on the 2 lights behind the panel, so no lights are visable when its on.

how much room does ur ultra have in there?

could u take some internal pics?

jeffmd
01-27-08, 01:12 PM
how much room does ur ultra have in there?

could u take some internal pics?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=27643&d=1188744512

breathemetal
01-27-08, 01:30 PM
thats the best cable management? or are you just messy? haha

kazna
01-27-08, 02:32 PM
Thats an Antec P182 so it has amazing cable management as long as your PSU has long enough cords (mind didn't :thumbdwn: ). You can rout all the cables behind the mobo tray. I'll take a few pics.

jeffmd
01-27-08, 02:53 PM

Saddly with the psu on the bottem and the cables needing to reach rather high on the mobo (the cpu power cable all the way in the left corner is a super PITA), as well as the cdrom and the 2 case fans, you cant do much about it.

It dosnt have a window so why do you care? ;)

breathemetal
01-27-08, 02:55 PM
Thats an Antec P182 so it has amazing cable management as long as your PSU has long enough cords (mind didn't ). You can rout all the cables behind the mobo tray. I'll take a few pics.

thanks!

Saddly with the psu on the bottem and the cables needing to reach rather high on the mobo (the cpu power cable all the way in the left corner is a super PITA), as well as the cdrom and the 2 case fans, you cant do much about it.

It dosnt have a window so why do you care? ;)

Because i dont want a case thats messy inside. It hinders airflow.