PDA

View Full Version : Something beeps once when gaming...

SeriTonin
01-26-08, 10:20 PM
Ive had a e8400 and 8800gt installed for 2 days now, one of them is causing a beep that happens once, when gaming, it happens once pretty early on and thats it, but its bothersome.

Im wondering if maybe the bios update that was needed to run this cpu is having issues. Seems most likely to me, but in case it's a known issue I wanted to see what you guys know or think it is?

the beep only happens during gaming. so far at least.

Specs in sig.

Technoholic
01-27-08, 04:18 AM
It only beeps once? Or every time you start a game, it beeps once?

jeffmd
01-27-08, 11:30 AM
also is it a solid beep, or is it more of a broken chirp sound? 680sli mobos, usually when coupled with a high powered 8800 card, can rarely emit a chirp sound, usually when the system is under load (but not always I have found). Theres been no fix for this.

SeriTonin
01-27-08, 11:34 AM
its random, but only during gaming. some games it wont beep, others it will, I guess it depends on the load.

its one very short, solid beep. that same one beep you get when your elbow or book sits on 18 keys and it goes BEEP and you jump off the keyboard cause you know what that sound means.

That beep, one time, about 10-20 minutes into certain games and then its gone until I load a different affected game..

sillyeagle
01-27-08, 09:35 PM
I've got the same thing, which started when I got my 680i MBD. Do you use a PS2 keyboard?

Somebody mentioned they had this issue until they got a USB keyboard. Mine is PS2.

For me it beeps randomly when pressing a key on the keyboard anytime the system is under load, such as during a game or while Orthos is running. Same beep you get when pressing too many keys at once.

The beep used to come out of my speakers and the MBD, but after going from integrated audio to SB Audigy the beep now only comes from the MBD.

Dragunov
01-28-08, 04:09 PM
Well some keyboard cannot have 2 keys pressed at once

lduguay
01-28-08, 04:14 PM
Well some keyboard cannot have 2 keys pressed at once
Hmm, 2 keys really? I can do 5 keys at once on mine (Other then Ctrl, Alt, Shift, etc..)

Dragunov
01-28-08, 04:18 PM
Guess so , except of course those ctrl, alt, del, but I mean arrows and such, I guess, but my knowledge of this is already burried deep into my memory