PDA

View Full Version : Old school game question, Mafia

breathemetal
01-27-08, 03:15 PM
I dont know how many people are familiar with this game, or if anyone even still plays it. But ive started playing it for the first time over the last few weeks. This game is amazing! Plus there are some really good mods out there that im running now that help update the graphics and add some new stuff to play with and shoot at ;)

Anyways. anyone know how to enable the console?

toxikneedle
01-27-08, 03:39 PM
mafia = best game ever

sorry for the useless post

breathemetal
01-27-08, 03:40 PM
yeah, its a great game. i just need to figure out how to unlock the console!

Gaco
01-27-08, 04:07 PM
Mafia just needed to feel more interactive, more like a living breathing city. The story telling was incredible and really made the player involve himself in the gameplay which become also became great as a result. So with today's technology Mafia 2 really has the potential to become something real big *crossing his fingers for already announced Mafia 2* :)

sorry for yet another useless post :o

bob saget
01-27-08, 04:38 PM
no clue dude, i guess i would suggest posting on other forums,
i got this on another forum
Cheat Codes
Opening the Password Screen
Hold Shift and press ~.

hope it helps.
enjoy that awesome game.

breathemetal
01-27-08, 05:17 PM
yea doesnt work

Jonelo
01-27-08, 05:38 PM
The best site about the mods for Mafia is Mafiascene

http://mafiascene.com/

pross
01-27-08, 05:50 PM
that site closes on feb 14 for good

breathemetal
01-27-08, 06:06 PM
so does mafiamods

gstanford
01-27-08, 07:14 PM
that site closes on feb 14 for good
I don't think so.
A Sad Day for the Community
Posted by el_chippo @ 7:10pm EST on Monday 14th January 2008[36 Comment(s)]

Over at mafiamods.org, Morello_da_man has announced that MafiaScene's long term friendly (and at times not so friendly) rival, MM.org is closing down on Febuary the 15th, after 5 long years. In the words of MDM himself:

"After 5 great years, MafiaMods will be closing its doors come February 15th. KillerJoe and I have both lost interest in the site and the community has diminished greatly since its prime. MafiaMods has gone through three sets of hands since being created. It was founded by MikeSullivan in 2003 and run by him until 2004. In 2004 it was transferred to Anubis_The_Jackal who ran it until 2006. In 2006 I, Morello_da_man, took over and ran it until it's final closing on February 15th, 2008."

Here at MafiaScene, we may not always have seen eye to eye with the folk at MM in the past, but recently things had improved between the two sites, so it's a real kicker to loose them, especially after the recent community rejuvination caused by Mafia II's announcment. Alas, it seems that there comes a time when every website must close, all we can do is make sure that MS lasts a long while yet.

As a by product, this also means GC will be closing, although it seems she never really got going again after f2o decided to destroy the original. If you don't know what GC is, then it dosn't matter, if you do, then please visit and say your goodbyes before Feb 15th

There is no way to activate a console in mafia that I am aware of. You will need to content yourself with tools like Capone or Bscriptview, or run a trainer - the fairlight mafia trainer is the best if you have v1.0 (the best version for modding etc).l

breathemetal
01-27-08, 07:27 PM
would 1.2 saves work with a 1.0 game?

Jonelo
01-27-08, 07:47 PM
Yes ;) . You need the pacht 1.2 for the racing car !!! . Is difficult without pad , only with the keyboard in the 1.0 version .With the pacht you have four or five levels of difficult . The game has support for mouse , keyboard controler or wheel in the same time !!

And with the 1.0 exist a problem with the EAX and 5.1

breathemetal
01-27-08, 07:51 PM
im past that mission so it wouldnt matter

gstanford
01-27-08, 08:01 PM
Bah!, the race is dead easy, especially with a modern system (mafia does appreciate a fast cpu). Mind you I have both a sidewinder joystick and a G25 steering wheel. While it is possible to play the game keyboard only, I can't imagine why you would want to - its not like game controllers are expensive or something.

Jonelo
01-27-08, 08:28 PM
Sorry my english is bad , Is difficult without pad , only with the keyboard , and the pacht 1.0 . With pad not is difficult

gstanford
01-27-08, 08:48 PM
Sorry my english is bad , Is difficult without pad , only with the keyboard , and the pacht 1.0 . With pad inot is difficult
If by the last bit you mean "it isn't difficult with a gamepad/wheel/joystick" then I agree, and if your controller has force feedback or rumble it adds a lot to the game, you can feel those old cars clattering and clunking.