PDA

View Full Version : Futuremark Game Studio!

jAkUp
01-29-08, 11:19 AM
http://www.futuremark.com/games/

mullet
01-29-08, 11:26 AM
http://www.futuremark.com/companyinfo/pressroom/pressreleases/52482/

Espoo, Finland - January 29th, 2008 - Futuremark (www.futuremark.com), is proud to announce the formation of a group named the Futuremark Games Studio. For the past 10 years, Futuremark has been pushing the boundaries of PC 3D graphics performance with its 3DMark® series, which has become by far the world's most popular benchmarking software. The 3DMark series combines stunning 3D art with world class engines from Direct3D 6 up to Direct3D 10. "Futuremark Games Studio is committed to developing original IP games with the highest quality game play combined with our established track record of creating blow-your-socks-off visuals", said Tero Sarkkinen, CEO of Futuremark Corporation. "For years, our fans have been asking us when will we start making games. Very soon they are going to get it - and then some!"

Over the past 10 years Futuremark's team of brilliant artists and engineers has created remarkably beautiful demos and benchmarks for a variety of clients to show off the abilities of their platforms. Although the new studio will demonstrate its ability to seamlessly integrate the latest technologies into its engines, its mission is to build world class games that bring new and entertaining game play to gamers. This includes games and their engines that deliver stellar performance even on modest platforms right up to the most enthusiastic levels of performance hardware.

For more information about Futuremark Games Studio, please contact Tero Sarkkinen in Finland or Oliver Baltuch in California. Futuremark Games Studio personnel will also be attending GDC 2008 in San Francisco where they can be found at the Nordic Games Studios Pavilion.

About Futuremark® Corporation

Futuremark® Corporation is the leading provider of performance analysis software and services for PCs, smartphones and in the future, games. Futuremark® is known around the world for its benchmark products, including the 3DMark® and PCMark® Series, SPMark™ and VGMark™ (with more than 35 million copies distributed worldwide) and value-added services powered by a database of almost 20 million real life benchmarking results. Futuremark® maintains offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit www.futuremark.com

© 2008 Futuremark® Corporation. 3DMark®, PCMark®, SPMark™, VGMark™ and YouGamers™ trademarks and logos, Futuremark® character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation.

Q
01-29-08, 11:29 AM
http://www.futuremark.com/games/

Aren't you supposed to be married or something?

mullet
01-29-08, 11:31 AM
The honeymoon is over baby on the way!!! :D

Tr1cK
01-29-08, 11:49 AM
SWEET!!!

We finally get to play 3dMark....so to those who say "lawlz 3dmark is not a game noob, quit benching it".....oh yea? Well who's the noob now, noob?

jAkUp
01-29-08, 12:07 PM
I think this is really good news, this means that the Benchmark will likely very accurately represent gameplay since it probably will be the same engines.

And, if they license their game engine to other companies, it will make a good representation of game performance.

breathemetal
01-29-08, 12:13 PM
hmm, interesting news

sytaylor
01-29-08, 01:18 PM
3D mark has often been ahead of the market in visual terms, and whilst they may do things a little differently... This can only be a good thing.

mullet
01-29-08, 01:21 PM
3D mark has often been ahead of the market in visual terms, and whilst they may do things a little differently... This can only be a good thing.

+1

Serrasalmus
01-29-08, 01:36 PM
that rocks

lduguay
01-29-08, 03:23 PM
I hope their games will not be like their benchmarks, unplayable until the next generation of hardware. :)

nutcrackr
01-29-08, 03:59 PM
hope they stop making 3dmark now.

SH64
01-29-08, 04:19 PM
First game they start should be based on 3DMark06's graphics engine at least.

JigenD
01-29-08, 04:23 PM
2 things :

1. Their artistic skill / performance has dropped a lot in the last few 3dmarks.
2. I really hope they don't take the Crysis path of selling a game on graphics by simply releasing a product with total disregard with current technology. 'realtime' raytracing and/or radiosity anyone?

jeffmd
01-29-08, 04:30 PM
I have NEVER known 3dmark to be artistically great. its humanoid models are some of the ugliest around. Considering it takes them 2+ years to create enough content for 7 some super-brief levels, I have absolutely no interest in them as a gaming company. ^^

breathemetal
01-29-08, 04:56 PM
i emailed tero and i got this back:

Nick,

Thanks for your email. We are not releasing that info just yet. However, we will unveil more detailed info on the game and the schedule later this spring.

Best regards,

Tero

NaitoSan
01-29-08, 04:59 PM
Whoa. Weird enough, I have always told my friends that maker of 3DMark should make some games someday... and here we are.

I think that's great, so I'm looking forward to this. :)

JigenD
01-29-08, 04:59 PM
10 minute game with nice graphics ;)

fixed

SH64
01-29-08, 05:01 PM
2h game with nice graphics ;)
nice graphics :drooling:

methimpikehoses
01-29-08, 05:02 PM
I always want to play the first mini-gun guy at the beginning of 3dmark06... mowing down the scrub enemy soldiers FTW. I could enjoy that for a couple of hours.

Greg
01-30-08, 03:16 AM
People really can play 3DMark now.

jeffmd
01-30-08, 09:11 AM
meth, team fortress 2, cod4, mmm who else has the mini guns...?