PDA

View Full Version : DVD Drive problem

Drolfrawd
01-29-08, 02:56 PM
My boss asked me to take a look at her husbands home computer, the problem is this:

When a disc is inserted into the drive ,and the user navigates to the dvd drive through My Computer\dvd-drive and the right clicks the drive\selects explore you are taken to the desktop, not the contents of the drive.

Operating system xp pro.

I have probobly missed something here, but after 20 minutes i have not fixed it.

Help would be appreciated Thank you

lduguay
01-29-08, 03:14 PM
My boss asked me to take a look at her husbands home computer, the problem is this:

When a disc is inserted into the drive ,and the user navigates to the dvd drive through My Computer\dvd-drive and the right clicks the drive\selects explore you are taken to the desktop, not the contents of the drive.

Operating system xp pro.

I have probobly missed something here, but after 20 minutes i have not fixed it.

Help would be appreciated Thank you

Probably a busted DVD drive, this occurs when the disc is not recognized.
You did try with other discs right?

Is her husband there? (lee)

Drolfrawd
01-29-08, 03:24 PM
Probably a busted DVD drive, this occurs when the disc is not recognized.
You did try with other discs right?

Is her husband there? (lee)

:jumping: lol
Yea he was lol, but its both drives , both pointing to the desktop when you
right click explore.
I am a bit stumped as changed the drive letters , uninstalled them reinstalled them, had a quick look round for about 20 mins like i said , but nothing, tried googling it but so far nothing. Any suggestions would well received at this point, hubby of boss is not good with comps and installed loads of tune up type utils ,you get the picture , i just don't want to troll through all this to get a fix.

Thanks for your help

lduguay
01-29-08, 03:31 PM
Must be a driver/app issue. Have you tried a system restore to a previous date, when the drives where working?
Again, you did try with other discs right?

Drolfrawd
01-29-08, 03:53 PM
Must be a driver/app issue. Have you tried a system restore to a previous date, when the drives where working?
Again, you did try with other discs right?

I didn't try another dvd as i thought , probs wrongly that if the 2 drives were both acting up then ,it probs some kind of setting he altered ,I have never come across this problem before.

I didn't want to use system restore as i didn't have time today , to put right any other changes it may have made, as user had no idea of when the drives were working properly , probs need to get the hubby to check with other disks, before procedding,

Point to note though , i spotted poer tools on the start menu , very worrying in the wrong hands.