PDA

View Full Version : DNF next year

Kruno
04-24-03, 09:21 AM
Don't ask how I know but take my word for it. I swear to you guys this info is as accurate as it's going to get.

If it doesn't come out next year then I will kick myself. Though this is as accurate as it's going to get.

When it does come out next year I want to be able to brag to you guys and I want you all to remember this post.

digitalwanderer
04-24-03, 09:29 AM
Scary thing? I can't even REMEMBER how many years I've been hearing that for now! :lol:

If it ain't out this year I think I'm gonna take a pass on the game, just on principle. :p

Kruno
04-24-03, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Scary thing? I can't even REMEMBER how many years I've been hearing that for now! :lol:

If it ain't out this year I think I'm gonna take a pass on the game, just on principle. :p

The difference with me saying it is because I KNOW. 1st hand info. Not ****ty 2nd hand info.

digitalwanderer
04-24-03, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
The difference with me saying it is because I KNOW. 1st hand info. Not ****ty 2nd hand info.

I'm not meaning to diss ya or doubt ya K.I.L.E.R since I like ya and all, but I ain't gonna believe a thing about that game until I got it on me hard-drive and running.

It's been too long, there's been too much hype/delay/excuses/bs/rumors....I'm burnt out on it.

When do your sources say next year?

Kruno
04-24-03, 09:50 AM
Yes, the game is near completion.

You may be right though. It still might be just a guess from the right person. It sounds somewhat reasonable.

Next year is the target anyway. No specific date. Still officially at status "when it's done".

mwat
04-24-03, 11:14 PM

I believe I to will pass on this one. When you can start and finish college and still no DNF. You gotta pass on it out of principle.

Kruno
04-25-03, 12:45 AM
You guys just don't have faith do you? :)

It will come, don't worry about it. Unless I was screwed. Then I will have to screw someone. :bleh:

I posted this because I believe the person was telling the truth and it did sound reasonable. I myself would have guessed next year anyway.

AngelGraves13
04-25-03, 02:26 AM
when will it come?? Who knows? Sure as hell not me!
All I want to hear is "Come get some" and a few pics of DNF and the ****ing product on the store shelves!!

digitalwanderer
04-25-03, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by 99 to Life
All I want to hear is "Come get some" and a few pics of DNF and the ****ing product on the store shelves!!

*COUGH-COUGH*emule/ftp-time*COUGH-COUGH*

There is no way in HELL I am shelling out dime one for this game before I try it, it's what warez was originally about!

AngelGraves13
04-25-03, 01:43 PM
*COUGH-COUGH*emule/ftp-time*COUGH-COUGH*

There is no way in HELL I am shelling out dime one for this game before I try it, it's what warez was originally about!

Anyone who uses warez is a poor excuse for a gamer. I've paid for all my games and always will. I've never bought a game I haven't liked, well maybe Shogo (but I gave that to a kid at school for $10 and he loves it, so no loss). If everyone used warez, there would be no games or operating systems because there would be no one to market them to and it would be the downfall of the computer era.

digitalwanderer
04-25-03, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 99 to Life
Anyone who uses warez is a poor excuse for a gamer. I've paid for all my games and always will. I've never bought a game I haven't liked, well maybe Shogo (but I gave that to a kid at school for $10 and he loves it, so no loss). If everyone used warez, there would be no games or operating systems because there would be no one to market them to and it would be the downfall of the computer era.

I don't agree with ya. What you seem to take for granted is that warez is as accessible to everybody as it is to you or I.

MOST computer users couldn't find warez to download to save their life, try a google search sometime and you'll see what I mean. There's a billion sucker-traps to avoid, and if they manage to somehow steer clear of all those and find something they still have to figure out how to download it, unpack it, and install it. (Usually involving a no-cd patch.)

Sure, it's something I can do whenever I like since I know the hows/whys/wheres/ins/outs of it...but to assume that EVERYONE can do that is just plain silly!

You have to remember that if'n you know how to find and post to a bulletin board like this that you're currently in at least the top 5% of computer users on the planet, there are a WHOLE lot more idiots out there when it comes to technology than you would believe!

(BTW-I also buy the games I like and play, because I can and I want to support 'em...but I very seldom buy a title before I've downloaded it, tweaked it, and seen if it runs well/I like it on my system before I shell out cash for it. I ain't a typical gaming consumer, I don't see any reason not to do otherwise. :) )

AngelGraves13
04-25-03, 01:54 PM
it's good to see there's people out there who aren't thieves. I also don't download music from Kazaa. If I want to hear the CD to know if I should add it to my collection or not, I go to Amazon and listen to the little samples. That's all I need to buy music. And for games, I read reviews, usually 3 and then average it out, if the review averages to a C I won't waste my time, but if it's a B, then I buy it and add the CDs to my CD wallet. I have over 200 CDs of music (all orginal and without stratches) and over 10 games (from Ultimate Doom to Unreal 2 and Splinter Cell).

de><ta
04-25-03, 04:01 PM
digitalwanderer, havent you heard of a demo??? its available free online :o :p

The only time i warez anything is for its multiplayer content at lans. Just cause i have to buy the damn game in order to play it for a 8 hour lan party sucks. Else it is all second hand games for me...

RIAA on the other hand.... grrr. Lets not go there.

digitalwanderer
04-25-03, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by de><ta
digitalwanderer, havent you heard of a demo??? its available free online :o :p

Yes, but they usually come out after a game...and I'm VERY impatient. ;)

Besides, the full game usually runs much differently than the demos from my experience. :)

I didn't say what I'm doing is RIGHT by any means, all I'm saying is it ain't quite as easy "for everyone" to do as so many people seem to jump up and imply. :)