PDA

View Full Version : Flickering with FSX DX10 preview

JediKnight
01-29-08, 10:25 PM
I installed FSX SP2 and when I click on DX10 preview, the runway flickers alot in the scene. Anyone else get this? Nothing I try fixes it, and I want to leave DX10 because it looks AWESOME!

breathemetal
01-29-08, 11:03 PM
yeah i got that too

datadigit
02-18-08, 02:14 AM
This video highlights the issue nicely:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffSW-fnom-c

EciDemon
02-18-08, 07:23 AM
Looks like Z-Buffer problems me thinks.

In Rivatuner you can tweak some of those, iirc some are greyed out.

omzig
02-18-08, 07:46 AM
This is a Nvidia ONLY DX10 driver bug ATI users dont suffer this Z clipping problem nither do they suffer from the following FSX bugs

CTD/Lockup's when acessing inflight menus while running in full screen mode

On/Off flicker of airport/city lights depending upon camera view angle

Stutter/hicthes very min or so (again only in dx10 mode doesnt happen under dx9)

Odd black/FSX logo textures loading just before the proper textures pop into view

Im sure there are a few other poblems ive missed but the ones above are the major show stoppers for me,

NV have known about these bugs for over 5 months now and have done Sweet FA about them,Yet Crysis and UT3 both got(and continue to get) hotfix/beta drivers pushed out with various fixes and 0.5fps incresses

Crysis is a game i spent under 8 hours in and highly dout i will visit it again untill nextgen hardware hits but FSX on the other hand well i guess ive (and many others) spent over 8 hours a week in on average in it snice its Sp1

Its a shame Aces didnt add a benchmark mode to FSX's SP2 as it seems thats the only way you can get NV to fix there driver bugs........Lame

Anyone here running a 3870X2 ? might be time to chop in my 8800gts 640mb for something with better driver support

Q
02-18-08, 08:33 AM
Yeah, this is kinda ridiculous. God, I miss competition.

Sabadin
02-18-08, 04:50 PM
This is a Nvidia ONLY DX10 driver bug ATI users dont suffer this Z clipping problem nither do they suffer from the following FSX bugs

Odd black/FSX logo textures loading just before the proper textures pop into view

Both of those occur on my 2900 in DX10 Preview.

Lith1um
02-18-08, 06:50 PM
I get the zbuffer issue, as well as broken vsync.

It's starting to push me towards developing a bad attitude towards nvidia. Especialy since FSX code has been finalized for 5 months and the developer, ACES, contacted nvidia back then.