PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Nvidia Exclusive? N-O-T !!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

cavalier
04-24-03, 02:47 PM
So much for that rumor which had all the Nvidiots with their panties in a bunch taunting the fanATIcsabout HF2 being Nvidia exclusive:

"The game will make its public debut next month at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the trade show of the gaming industry, at the booth of graphic chip developer ATI. A non-interactive theater will show gameplay (much like id Software and Activision debuted "Doom III" last year)."

Take from CNNMoney.com article on HF2 posted today.

Seems like ATI is the hardware of choice for developers today, seeing as how Carmack chose the 9700 to debut Doom 3 to the world.

That ATI booth is gonna be PACKED this year. No doubt it will help the company further tout its place of prrominance in the graphics card market, further putting a chinc in Nvidia's armor.

This is reason enough never to belive those rumors put out on the net.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was traced back to Brian Burke of Nvidia's evil PR department, trying to stave people off from buying the 9800 Pro for just a few weeks longer. Damage control, as its known at Camp NV.

As for me, I love the graphics card war that has developed as ATI and Nvidia battle for our dollars. It can only help advance the arena that is computer gaming!

BTW, I just swapped my GF3 TI 500 for a 9700 Pro, as NV30 sucked arse and I don't see the NV35 improving much upon the NV30, at least as far as IQ.

I haven't looked back or regretted this purchase since and will continue to buy a card regardless of who makes it that brings the best combination of speed/IQ to my gaming collection.

As for now and the forseeable future, that company is ATI.

digitalwanderer
04-24-03, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by cavalier
NV30 sucked arse

HEY!!! I got a patent pending on that saying...we might have some copyright problems here....:eek2:

BTW-LINK! :D

Fotis
04-24-03, 03:06 PM
:afro: Link (http://money.cnn.com/2003/04/23/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm) :afro:

digitalwanderer
04-24-03, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Fotis
:afro: Link (http://money.cnn.com/2003/04/23/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm) :afro:

Thanks, that IS a cool take on it! :D

p4man2.4
04-24-03, 04:20 PM
to author cavalier!!!

""Seems like ATI is the hardware of choice for developers today, seeing as how Carmack chose the 9700 to debut Doom 3 to the world."""

Ok do your read about things before you talk? first off Carmack is very mad at ATI for releasing there beta of doom III out to the whole world

Second off work at couple computer stores there much more ATI hardware return then Nvidia. nothing comes close to the stablity of Nvidia hardware!!! and with ati next hardware release not till 2004 sometime. Nvidia pull ahead ati and gap will wider and wider! there is only one thing keep nvidia from takening off and that is "256bit-memory interface". and with Nv 35 slated to be release soon. not even including nv40 around X-mas. Ati is in for the battle for there life!!!

cavalier
04-24-03, 04:53 PM
Okay, P4man,

I'll read it if you can post a link to it!

Where's an official link with a direct quote from Carmack himself that says he's mad? Post it, I'll read it!

Where's the official post confirming that ATI was, in fact, the D3 leak source? Post it, I'll read it!

Where's the official announcement from Nvidia that NV40 is about by year's end? Post it, I'll read it!

You, my friend, are the classic example of an NVIDIOT!

You belive all these rumors (bet you're just pissed because you, too, belived the HF2 rumor and this burst your bubble) with NO FACTUAL INFORMATION.

Bet you've never owned a 9700 Pro or newer ATI card, or any ATI card, for that matter either.

Otherwise you'd see that ATI's driver support is equal to, if not BETTER, than Nvidia's (at LEAST ATI can get their drivers' WHQL certified...when was the last time Nvidia came out with a certified set?). But there again, you ignorantly choose to belive NVidia is still so much better with no first-hand knowledge and than speak out of your arse about how ATI sucks.

I have experienced it firsthand and out of 35 old/new PC games, not ONE has a problem running on my 9700 Pro. Plus the IQ is FAR SUPERIOIR than any NVidia card.

In additiont, NVidia's not going to release two high-end cards (NV35-40) within five months of each other. Ain't gonna happen, pal. And if you believe it, well my condolences to your parents for birthing a brain-dead child!

How staunchly you defend one video card company strikes me as completely moronic.

It's about the product, man!, not the company!

Now take this knowledge and do something with it. Like maybe try an ATI card.

vampireuk
04-24-03, 04:58 PM
cavalier go drink a nice glass of warm milk and take a nap:)

digitalwanderer
04-24-03, 05:00 PM
Okay, P4man,

I'll read it if you can post a link to it!

Where's an official link with a direct quote from Carmack himself that says he's mad? Post it, I'll read it!

Where's the official post confirming that ATI was, in fact, the D3 leak source? Post it, I'll read it!

Where's the official announcement from Nvidia that NV40 is about by year's end? Post it, I'll read it!

You, my friend, are the classic example of an NVIDIOT!

You belive all these rumors (bet you're just pissed because you, too, belived the HF2 rumor and this burst your bubble) with NO FACTUAL INFORMATION.

Bet you've never owned a 9700 Pro or newer ATI card, or any ATI card, for that matter either.

Otherwise you'd see that ATI's driver support is equal to, if not BETTER, than Nvidia's (at LEAST ATI can get their drivers' WHQL certified...when was the last time Nvidia came out with a certified set?). But there again, you ignorantly choose to belive NVidia is still so much better with no first-hand knowledge and than speak out of your arse about how ATI sucks.

I have experienced it firsthand and out of 35 old/new PC games, not ONE has a problem running on my 9700 Pro. Plus the IQ is FAR SUPERIOIR than any NVidia card.

In additiont, NVidia's not going to release two high-end cards (NV35-40) within five months of each other. Ain't gonna happen, pal. And if you believe it, well my condolences to your parents for birthing a brain-dead child!

How staunchly you defend one video card company strikes me as completely moronic.

It's about the product, man!, not the company!

Now take this knowledge and do something with it. Like maybe try an ATI card.

Methinks perhaps you should consider switching to decaff..... :eek2:

Matthyahuw
04-24-03, 05:59 PM
So much for that rumor which had all the Nvidiots with their panties in a bunch taunting the fanATIcsabout HF2 being Nvidia exclusive OH LORD, not more fanATIcs trying to kick us in the nuts...missed again!

I DARE you to pull ONE quote from these boards where we actually believed that for even a 1/2 sec, AND enjoyed it!

I'll even make it easy on your blinded ass and give you the thread:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9568&highlight=exclusive

oh, btw, STFU...

The Baron
04-24-03, 06:31 PM
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=44077&cid=4591655

jAkUp
04-24-03, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by p4man2.4
""Seems like ATI is the hardware of choice for developers today, seeing as how Carmack chose the 9700 to debut Doom 3 to the world."""

ummm... no... does that alpha even run on a geforce4??!!! nope. carmack had no choice but to show it on ati, since nvidia had no high end offer

p4man2.4
04-24-03, 09:20 PM
cavalier why dont you open your eyes!!!!!!!!!!

look at some articles posted by other users!

or better yet goto you local newstand pick latest edition of "wire" mag. yah if you can find it.....

and on latest ati hardware getting 30-40fps you called that good. the geforce fx 5800 ultra 40-50fps in doom 3.

I defend companys that make good products and are out to serve the you and me.

Shadowx
04-24-03, 10:55 PM
Hmmmm it seems Nvidia having games being Nvidia only is pure crap, even EA games will be played in ATI cards because they will us an open API, and Unreal tournames that have the "the wa is meant to be played" runs better on ATI hardware, clearlly shows ITS ALL PR BS!

CurtMan
04-24-03, 11:44 PM
The whole idea that developers will start programming solely for one card is absurd. The idea that either the 9700Pro or the 5800 Ultra won't be able to play any new game in the near future is also absurd. Come on guys. There is nothing to argure about....lets get over this childish crap.

webmedic
04-25-03, 01:39 AM

Second off work at couple computer stores there much more ATI hardware return then Nvidia. nothing comes close to the stablity of Nvidia hardware!!!

lol thats a joke right. I own a shop and the return is much higher on nvidia cards. Not to mention stability. why do you think servers dont use nvidia cards. LOL you are real funny.

jAkUp
04-25-03, 02:13 AM
well i have a buddy that words at a shop... he says ati cards are always coming back. its true. some mobos still do not like ati cards.

Hellbinder
04-25-03, 02:21 AM
OMG... dont even get me started... :rolleyes:

Second off work at couple computer stores there much more ATI hardware return then Nvidia. nothing comes close to the stablity of Nvidia hardware!!! and with ati next hardware release not till 2004 sometime. Nvidia pull ahead ati and gap will wider and wider! there is only one thing keep nvidia from takening off and that is "256bit-memory interface". and with Nv 35 slated to be release soon. not even including nv40 around X-mas. Ati is in for the battle for there life!!!

Completely False.. Your generalized statements about Product returns and stability mean didly Squat in reality..

ATi's next product release is long before 2004... and its going to own everything else on the market again. Just like the R300 did. Not fanboy talk.. simple reality. But you guys go ahead and doubt me.. ill be back in several moths to help you eat Crow.. ;)

Nv40 is not due around christmas. As it is it was slated for release next year some time.

About Doom-III.

You simply cannot put any thought into the D3 Alpha benchmarks. They do not include any of the optimizations or code enhancements in the current build of Doom-III. One specific thing being Doubble sided Stencil support among other important features. JC himself said that the current version of D3 has the GFFX *slightly* ahead of the 9700pro. Specifically because the Nv30 is getting to run in a lower Quality mode, just like they do with 3Dmark03. None of the Nvidians that bring these stupid alpha scores up seem to remember what JC said about it. If some of you persist living with the fantacy of these Alpha scores you are going to be set for a big dissapointment when the actual benchmark results from the real thing roll in. The 2 cards are within one or two FPS of each other.

Hellbinder
04-25-03, 02:23 AM
well i have a buddy that words at a shop... he says ati cards are always coming back. its true. some mobos still do not like ati cards.

Oh yeah???

Well i have 50+ one more than whatever you say friends that work at bigger, more important stores.. and they always only get lots of Nvidia card Returns... :rolleyes:

jAkUp
04-25-03, 02:26 AM
so you know 50 people that works at computer stores? and somehow you know that those stores are bigger and more important than the store i mention? hmmm... sounds like your trying to start a flame ware to me.

you cant deny that ati has problems with their compatibablity. they are getting better, but they still have problems with some motherboards. the sis648 chipset is a good example... not to mention a few others.

vampireuk
04-25-03, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
OMG... dont even get me started... :rolleyes:

Completely False.. Your generalized statements about Product returns and stability mean didly Squat in reality..

You were the one making comments about sales without providing figures to back up your claim. Do I sense the merry tune of teapot to kettle?;)

Fotis
04-25-03, 02:55 AM

and on latest ati hardware getting 30-40fps you called that good. the geforce fx 5800 ultra 40-50fps in doom3
Doom3 benchmarks at guru3d (http://content.guru3d.com/article.php?cat=review&id=35&pagenumber=11);)

P.S Ati uses FP24 and GFFX FP16 or INT12 or whatever!!:rolleyes:

SavagePaladin
04-25-03, 06:28 AM
Children, children, less flames please, its almost summer ya know, don't want to die of the heat.

vampireuk
04-25-03, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Oh yeah???

Well i have 50+ one more than whatever you say friends that work at bigger, more important stores.. and they always only get lots of Nvidia card Returns... :rolleyes:

What a childish response, Hellbinder grow up:rolleyes:

webmedic
04-25-03, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp

and it's whose fault that via and sis sent out mobo chipsets that did not meet 8x spec becasue it was based on an early draft that changed before it was finalized. That is not ati's fault and to thier credit they worked hard with those companies to fix thier problem. In later revisions of the ati cards they found a fix for the bad motherboards out there.

This has nothing to do with bad video cards. the returns I get from nvidia cards are dead cards not because some motherboard does not follow published specs.

Fotis
04-25-03, 08:54 AM
Savagepaladin is right, let the flames stop here.:firedevil
Everyone is intitled to his opinion.
We can't force anyone to agree with us,only present our part with hard evidence.