PDA

View Full Version : Sold my entire Rig lock stock and barrel

FearMeAll
02-02-08, 05:41 PM
Well with advent of purchasing my first home as well as the sad realization that I have an obsession with buying the latest and greatest when it comes to computer parts, I decided to sell my brand new rig and end the years of pouring thousands into such highly depreciating pieces of hardware.
this was my baby:
Intel Core2Quad Q6700 @ 3ghz, 1200FSB, 4 gigs ddr2 800 memory @ 900mhz(5-5-5-15) , 1.25 TBs HDD, Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum, 2x EVGA 8800 Ultra, EVGA nForce 680i Sli ATX Motherboard, Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Windows Xp Pro
Sold it to a friend of mine with an older rig for $2200. He got a huge deal but I can't have temptation staring at me every time I enter my room. I at least got something out of it as I usually give most of my hardware away. This guy got all my direct2drive games on already on it, the OS everything. Just took it out of my home and started playing Crysis. He loves this pc. ;)
It's been a month now and I still feel ok not having the BEST but if I can stay strong I can have an extra 10 grand a year in my pocket..
I have been relegated to consoles and my laptop can play gametap games at least but I can't wait till a few more raises in pay....
I loved that rig but I think I will like having a nice house better... :o

grey_1
02-02-08, 06:30 PM
Having your own home is the best. I sold my rig to a forum member a while back, and through good fortune and a trade with another member ended up with a similar rig, quite sufficient for my needs.

Best wishes and congrats on your new home. :)

|JuiceZ|
02-02-08, 08:40 PM
Congrats on the new home man, you made the right choice. Priorities do change as you grow older. You can alway buy another pc. ;)

FearMeAll
02-02-08, 08:49 PM
Congrats on the new home man, you made the right choice. Priorities do change as you grow older. You can alway buy another pc. ;)
well maybe when I do in a couple of years whatever will be the best then I wonder how kickass that rig would be...I'm so busy with work now I will be kinda out of the tech loop for at least 2 years so at least when I do upgrade it will feel major unlike it has the last 5 years when I used to upgrade every 4-6months..
and having an extra 20 grand will help too lol...

amk21
02-03-08, 04:42 PM
I'm glad I have no other financial obligations, other than having a kick ass rig... I'm in the process of selling my rig(cpu ram and mobo) on ebay and getting a new quad core setup. Best of wishes to you and your new house.