PDA

View Full Version : Army of Two

Pages : [1] 2

crainger
02-06-08, 03:21 AM
I saw this in EB today, but I've heard next to no feedback about it. Has anyone played it? (Is there a demo? I don't have internet while I move but I can bring the 360 to work for an excursion...)

In the meantime I'll look around for a review or two, but I value the opinion of the members here more. ::):

NaitoSan
02-06-08, 05:24 AM
i saw it at e3 two years ago, man it looks wicked with co-op and stuff. no demo yet, maybe end of this month. release date is march 4th.

EciDemon
02-06-08, 05:41 AM
By the looks of it, this is a must have game.
Been waiting for it for quite some time now, initial release date was set to late last year but it got delayed

|MaguS|
02-06-08, 07:29 AM
It's gotten alot of bad feedback which is the reason it got pushed back out of 07. I didn't even know it released already...

Marvel_us
02-06-08, 08:41 AM
It's not out yet. Supposedly it's coming in March.

Bearclaw
02-06-08, 04:18 PM
It's not out yet. Supposedly it's coming in March.
Once again, Crainger is in the future.

tornadog
02-06-08, 04:20 PM
So Crainger, who becomes the next President of USA? maybe you could check your news channel!!!

Destroy
02-06-08, 04:43 PM
Once again, Crainger is in the future.

LoL, that what I was thinking, 'How did he see this game?'. Most likely a preorder box maybe?

crainger
02-06-08, 09:38 PM
No. I saw it. Also on online store, though sold out ::(: http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/details.php?ProdID=507534

Slash310
02-06-08, 11:46 PM
its not out yet. does look like a must have game though

crainger
02-07-08, 06:26 PM
EB now say they don't have it, but two out the 3 online store I rang say they had it and sold out.

I'm so confused. Stupid consoles. This never happens to the PC Master Race.

Marvel_us
03-03-08, 10:40 AM
Comes out this week in the US. Anyone picking it up?

Peoples-Agent
03-03-08, 11:07 AM
We are getting it Friday over here, and I look forward to it.
FINALLY some decent co-op action.

RB6 Vegas 2 and Left 4 Dead should also deliver decent co-op fun.

It's a pricey month for games.

Army of Two, Vegas 2, Bully, Battlefield: Bad Company etc

|MaguS|
03-03-08, 01:04 PM
Im afriad to pick it up... still no reviews on it...

tornadog
03-03-08, 01:07 PM
its in my gamefly queue but I am in no hurry...will wait for some reviews before I bump it up the queue.

Marvel_us
03-03-08, 01:09 PM
Im afriad to pick it up... still no reviews on it...

Found one review but I've never heard of this website. Seems pretty good. A friend and I are dying to play some online co-op so I'm hoping for this one. If not I might wait until RSV2.

http://gamerevolver.com/articlenav-91-page-2.html

Mr. Hunt
03-03-08, 01:12 PM
My brother is super excited for this game for some reason... I told him EA sucks but he went and preordered it... I told him he should just rent it first but he refuses... and this is all with the knowledge of how I got raped when I bought Brute Force without trying it... worst decision of my life, and I feel army of two for him will be even worse.

NaitoSan
03-03-08, 02:15 PM
i put it on my list in gamefly. for sure, i'm going to buy rainbow six: vegas 2. i keep hearing good stuff about army of two but it keep getting delayed... hmm we'll see.

t6_shadow
03-03-08, 03:23 PM
"Another nice addition is the sheer volume of bickering between the two mercenaries. Constant cussing, “Dude!”, “Bro”, and the occasional air guitar keep for a lively game session."

I had high hopes for this game until I saw or I should say heard a gameplay video. They have these two "professional mercenaries" calling each other bro and dude while constantly cursing other out in "ebonics" or whatever you want to call it. I could barley hear that gun fire over that garbage. Its bad enough when I have to listen to some moron talk like that in real life, I will be damn if I subject myself to it to play a game.

Marvel_us
03-03-08, 08:20 PM
"Another nice addition is the sheer volume of bickering between the two mercenaries. Constant cussing, “Dude!”, “Bro”, and the occasional air guitar keep for a lively game session."

I had high hopes for this game until I saw or I should say heard a gameplay video. They have these two "professional mercenaries" calling each other bro and dude while constantly cursing other out in "ebonics" or whatever you want to call it. I could barley hear that gun fire over that garbage. Its bad enough when I have to listen to some moron talk like that in real life, I will be damn if I subject myself to it to play a game.

If you check out the latest previews they actually cut down a lot of the bickering between partners. Doesn't really bother me since I'll be getting this game mainly for the online co-op.

crainger
03-03-08, 09:12 PM

C'mon dude. Can't be that bad can it bro?

Marvel_us
03-05-08, 09:21 PM
Picked it up earlier today about to give it a run now. A friend of mine should be picking up his copy later to tonight so I'll have some hands on impression on the online co-op by tomorrow.

If anyone has any questions let me know.

EciDemon
03-06-08, 04:14 AM
Picked it up earlier today about to give it a run now. A friend of mine should be picking up his copy later to tonight so I'll have some hands on impression on the online co-op by tomorrow.

If anyone has any questions let me know.

Do share, me and my bro is going to pick this up when it's released next week here, we'r both looking forward to this game :)

Btw, it does support splitscreen right ?, we only have one console.

Lfctony
03-06-08, 04:33 AM
Picking this up tomorrow when it comes out in Cyprus, will let people know how it goes...

Tony.

EciDemon
03-07-08, 03:36 AM
To my suprise I saw the game released here yesterday, so I picked it up and played it for a coupple of hours with my brother. Quite fun in Coop I must say :)
I like it.
But i keep reading this game is very short >_>

GFX is pretty good, not GoW but good enugh, too many lowres textures (trade mark of EA) and game suffers from some texture popups too. Conversations could have been alot better, they seem a bit pushed and not very natural, but no biggie, this is a shooter.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080307.jpg
eheheheh